Lightbox2- Close button doesn't load

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by Mr_Brightside_@, Apr 14, 2009.

1. Mr_Brightside_@ macrumors 68020

Mr_Brightside_@

Hello, I've been using Lightbox2 on my website. However, for some reason, the Close button that's supposed to appear at the bottom of images won't appear. I am pretty sure everything is in the right place in terms of files since Previous and Next appear in images; Close just won't appear (it gets the Question Mark sometimes, or nothing at all). I tried replacing the files with images I made that are the same size to no avail. One weird thing is clicking in that area does close the image, button the graphic itself doesn't appear. I've using version 2.04, the current one. I can post code if needed.
    Thanks for any help

2. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

3. Mr_Brightside_@ thread starter macrumors 68020

Mr_Brightside_@

Sorry, it's back under develop ATMO, but I've attached a picture. You'll see the "Prev" image but below at right there's only the question mark.
    Thanks

Attached Files:

4. Me1000 macrumors 68000

Me1000

right click on the close button (or the broken image thing) and copy the image location. Then paste that into the address bar and see where it takes you. Your image location is wrong, that will let you fix it.

5. Mr_Brightside_@ thread starter macrumors 68020

Mr_Brightside_@

6. mickd macrumors newbie

I don't want to hijack this post but I am having the same problem except when I preview the page it works. After I publish it doesn't. In IE 8 a box with X shows but not the close type. In Firefox nothing. When I right click the close button and copy then paste in address it is the same except adds htm#. Any help would be appreciated. I am very new at using dreamweaver so be easy.

Mick

7. Mr_Brightside_@ thread starter macrumors 68020

Mr_Brightside_@

Could you post your site?

8. Mr_Brightside_@ thread starter macrumors 68020

Mr_Brightside_@

9. mickd macrumors newbie

Thanks Mr Brightside for your help.
    I looked at my remote site and the close and closelable.gif had not been uploaded. I uploaded them and things work fine.

Mick