Lightening Cable with Video Out?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by samsonib6, Oct 31, 2012.

1. samsonib6 macrumors newbie

Any word on a lightening cable with video out. Would really like this to be able to use in my car.

2. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

No word yet as to exactly what that little chip will do. Apple is due to meet with developers in November, when I suspect more will be revealed. I think we can look forward to a wide range of peripherals which can take advantage of the cables, but for now I'd wait...There are third party docks etc. but since Apple has yet to fully disclose the workings of the cable in any detail, the best advice would be to wait a while longer.

3. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

Lightning with video out in the form of VGA and DVI were just announced at iPad Mini event. They are on the Apple Store. Dunno if they have stock yet.

4. takeshi74 macrumors 601

What are you specifically looking for? Analog video? A specific connector?

5. samsonib6 thread starter macrumors newbie

I have a Pioneer 1400DVD system in my car which has a USB for plugging in the Iphone for charging and audio. I am told with the 4s using AppRadio and AppMode on the radio, the IPhone screen would show on the screen of the system for apps such as Netflix, Waze, etc. This does not work now with the new Lightening cable.