lighter and louder iphones?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DJJONES, Mar 20, 2008.

1. DJJONES macrumors 6502

so i just came back from the apple store and i checked the iphones out..
    the 8gb ones seem to have a brighter screen they also seem to be much lighter they also seem to have a louder speaker!!!

i have a 8gb iphone and purchased it around nov 07.

anyone notice this change or am hearing and feeling things.

i am 100 percent sure those 3 things [brighterscreen louder speaker and and lighter phone ) is what i felt.

just thought i wanted to let u guys know

2. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

Both me and my friend have iPhones. His is lighter than mine, and his Home button also clicks louder.

His was purchased in Sept 2007, mine in July 2007.

3. DJJONES thread starter macrumors 6502

yeppp i knew i wasnt crazyy those are the 2 same exact things i noticed about the iphone at the apple store todayyy

4. mr.stinki macrumors 6502

Yeah, i notice a TON of inconsistency with the iPhones.

There are 4 people with iPhones in my Theatre class (including me) and I felt like comparing them.

Some were brighter, Some had a bit of a blue tint on the screen, while some were more yellow. Some were really loud, while mine was REALLY QUIET!! I think my home button is "Softer" than others.

Aside from that, i held all of them in the same spot, and we all got different reception...

5. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

The signal thing is pretty common for cell phones I think. I've had nearly identical RAZRs with the same provider in the same spot and sometimes had different signal strengths.

Are there any settings you can adjust for the tint? The iPhones I have seen in the stores all looked OK (except for a little glare from all the lights).

6. pcorajr macrumors 6502

Funny i just got done listening to MacOSKen podcast and he received a Email from a listener that said the same thing. She stated that her new iphone was lighter and louder.