Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wesk702

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 7, 2007
The hood
I hated the idea of new cables when it came out, now I'm addicted to buying one whenever I find a deal. Anybody else additcted to buying a bunch?
Don't think I ever cared this much for the 30 pins and only had like 3 of those, but now I need a LC in every room and car.

Wildwillis

macrumors member
Dec 14, 2012
Anyone had luck with some cheaper non-apple ones recently? Last time I looked into it was about a month ago. I read some Amazon reviews and they were mixed - lots of sellers and the ones who seemed to be mentioned specifically (and positively) had disappeared!

I'm excessively frustrated this evening because I lost my 30-pin to lightning adapter! I've been carrying it around in my pocket every day for months because I needed it to use my alarm clock, car adapter and the extra charger I have at work. I was angry at the ridiculous Apple price, angrier when I had to exchange it for the more expensive one (with the short cable built in) to be able to use it with just about any case, and straight pissed when I realized I had to carry it around everywhere in order to avoid buying more adapters or new accessories.

Sorry for venting! The point of that was to ask if anyone has had any luck with non-Apple versions of these as well. I haven't really looked into that yet, but there's no way I'm shelling out another $40 for one...

fizz7283

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2010
I would also like to know if anyone can recommend a good amazon or eBay seller to buy the lightning cables from.

I have a grip of the 30 pin cables, I might just buy two of the adapters so I can keep those, but I'd much rather buy the lightning cables. I just don't want to have to go through the hassle of finding ones that actually work well like I had to with the 30 pin cables.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.