Lighting hub

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by peterpan123, Nov 23, 2015.

1. peterpan123 macrumors 6502

Hello, on the iPhone 6S Plus, IPP and possibly some Mac, there is only one lighting hub. Is using the hub the best way to increase the number of lighting ports. "In practice", what is the max number of device after which adding more would reduce the transfer speed?

I am considering to use apps such as Astropad, Duet (to turn an iPad into a 2nd screen). I guess these adds require max transfer speed.

2. mfram macrumors 65816

This is a confusing question. There are no "Lightning" ports on any Macs. Those are only on the iDevices (iPhones, iPads, etc). And it's not clear to me why would you need more than one port on an iPad. What devices would you want plugged into your iPad to need more than one port? Either way, there are no lightning "hubs".

3. Pakaku macrumors 68000

Pakaku

What exactly are you plugging into an iPhone, anyways?

4. peterpan123 thread starter macrumors 6502

I am considering to buy an IPad Pro as it has a better battery life than the SP4 and it has international warranty.
    It has only one lighting port which I might use it to connect to a laptop as a second display.

I might also use the IPP with Astropad. So, it might be good to have a few extra ports just in case.

5. Pakaku macrumors 68000

Pakaku

That's still just you and your USB cable, I'm not really understanding why you'd need a hub plugged into the iPad, or how you'd ever get one to work.

6. peterpan123 thread starter macrumors 6502

I think the guy in the video connected his IPP to a MBP using the lighting port on the IPP..

7. peterpan123 thread starter macrumors 6502