Lightning Adapter Friendly Cases thread

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by johnc22, Oct 12, 2012.

1. johnc22 macrumors 6502

Please post cases (pics appreciated) of cases you've found for the iPhone 5 that allow use of the lightning adapter.

I have a Speck Pixelskin HD that I butchered to allow tha adapter to fit but I'd like another case that supports the adapter without modification. I'd prefer setting like the Incipio Dual layer with soft inner shell and hard outer shell (otter commuter fits the bill but is way too bulky and frankly kind of fugly - messed with one at radio shack last night).

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Wouldn't every case have a cut out to allow access to the port :confused:

3. johnc22 thread starter macrumors 6502

The.lightning adapter is wider than the cutouts on many cases so that the adapter can't fit flush with the phone meaning it doesn't make adequate contact. Many cases have cutouts that will only work with the included charging cable. That's why I butchered my Pixelskin HD.

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I bought a no name case from a kiosk at the mall for my iPhone 5 and it the cable fits like a glove.

Or are you talking about this?

Attached Files:

5. johnc22 thread starter macrumors 6502

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

D'oh,
    Sorry for the confusion, I thought you were asking about the standard cable that comes with the iPhone

7. KCWolfPck macrumors regular

I have a feeling that once the Otterbox Reflex is finially released...it will be a popular seller for those wanting both a case and a need to use the lightning to 30-pin adapter.

8. Smigit macrumors regular

If you need to use an adapter with a case you might be better just getting the 0.2m cable adapter.

Sure some people have their reasons but.