Lightning Adapter in stores?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by johnny5, Oct 14, 2012.

1. johnny5 macrumors member

Has anyone seen or heard anything about when the Lightning to 30-pin adapters will be showing up in stores? Surely it will be soon since they are shipping them to individuals.

2. GRMCKR macrumors newbie

I walked into my local Verizon store and they Had 25 iPhone 5's in stock as well as the lighting connectors so I picked up both. :D

3. ZipZap macrumors 601

Adapter dude. Not connector.

4. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

Tried various stores. None had adapters yet. Hoping by week-end.

5. tantric132 macrumors newbie

I'd love to see one thread about adapters where someone that posts doesn't confuse the connector with the adapter.

6. Ntombi macrumors 68030

Ntombi

That's what I'm wondering too. Apple Store app still says 2-3 weeks, so I'm wondering if it would be better to final pull the trigger and order, or wait a bit more and grab one in store. I have several Apple Stores in my area, so…

After two weeks, I'm still undecided. :rolleyes: it's ridiculous; if I'd just ordered it way back when, I'd have one already, and wouldn't still be jury rigging audio in my car. Oh well.

7. johnny5 thread starter macrumors member

It is ridiculous. And then to top it off you have to pay $30+ ....for an ADAPTER. "But they make the COOLEST adapters!" Lol.

My plan is to buy one $30 adapter from Apple for my car and then just hold out on everything else until 3rd parties can make them and you can buy those and connectors for $5 on monoprice. :)

8. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Of all th things people are criticizing Apple over, I think the biggest fail is the lack of adapters at launch. What were they thinking?

9. MikeTHIS macrumors member

I ordered on the 11th seeing they updated to 2-3 weeks. I got an email that night that it shipped and should arrive today.

I thought I had registered a username here previously, been lurking a long time. :)

10. Ntombi macrumors 68030

Ntombi

Oh, that helps, thanks!

11. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

Exactly my thoughts and position.

I'm also pissed that they're shipping online orders but have NONE in stores whatsoever. Extremely un-Apple like and inconvenient.

I might just place an order and see what happens.

12. jabij1 macrumors member

So un-Apple like...

13. ericg301 macrumors 6502a

This may be against forum rules....

BUT, I ordered both the cable and adapter (two of each). I'm pretty sure the adapter will not work with my cases...so instead of returning the adapter to the Apple store, I can sell them + shipping to someone here if they needs them quick.

According to UPS, adapter will arrive Wednesday. (cables arrive today). I can turn them around Thursday morning...so you could potentially have them by Saturday (in the US).

If you're interested, let me know. If this is against forum rules, please delete. Just trying to be helpful :)

14. Stinkypalm macrumors member

Same here delivers Wednesday.:)

15. nepaiphone macrumors newbie

Looks like the 0.2m one has updated to 5-7 days, standard adapter is still 2-3 weeks, so I bit the bullet and ordered the one with cable as it seems more likely to work with my speck case

16. joec1101 macrumors 6502

I saw that 5-7 days shipping time as well today.

But when I click the "Track an Order" link on the Apple Store, my "Available to ship" still says 2-3 weeks for the .2 meter cable adapter. :confused:

Will that change? Or does mine not get shipped for 2-3 weeks, even though a new order placed today would ship in 5-7 days? :confused::confused: