Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

VinegarTasters

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 20, 2007
Apple needs to shape up and come up with better quality Lightning cables. Just from regular wear, an iPhone Lightning cable can't last! It usually cracks at the Lightning interface plastic, and the plastic surrounding and attaching it to the cable comes off!

Zmanbaseball2

macrumors 68040
Aug 24, 2012
New York, USA
Apple needs to shape up and come up with better quality Lightning cables. Just from regular wear, an iPhone Lightning cable can't last! It usually cracks at the Lightning interface plastic, and the plastic surrounding and attaching it to the cable comes off!

YouTube: video

Do you rest the cable, when charging your device, on the strain relief? If you are resting the cable on it, you are asking for the cable to break.

pooleman

Suspended
Jan 11, 2012
Eastern CT

YouTube: video

My original lightning cable is still in perfect condition after 2 years.

Tubamajuba

macrumors 68020
Jun 8, 2011
here
I've seen plenty of frayed cables, I'll give you that. But what we're seeing there is NOT normal wear. Not by any means. Unless your lightning cable doubles as a lasso, that is.

Bako-MacAddict

macrumors 68000
Jun 7, 2012
California
Take it to the Apple Store they'll replace it at no cost. That being said. I haven't had any problems since it was release with my old iphone 5.

newtoiphone555

macrumors newbie
Sep 1, 2014
You are absolutely right ... for good MFi cable you must look for other companies ..

You buy $500 device , can't they supply normal cable ???

I've just bought this one :

http://www.amazon.com/WinnerGear-Ce...qid=1409561365&sr=8-1&keywords=mfi+cable+kool

And after almost 5 different cheap cables of $5-7 I can say this one seems like something that will last ...

712k7CoZNhL._SL1500_.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.