Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

joekim1026

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 1, 2011
Hello! I'm trying to see what lightning cables are out there that would work with cases that have a very tight opening.

For example, I have the caze thin edge and the only lightning cable that I have that works is the original apple one.

Are there other cables, preferably longer ones that have the same lightning conmecter?

luisramos

macrumors newbie
Feb 28, 2013
Is there a difference between the official ($29) Lightning to 30-pin Adapter and a unofficial ($3)?

Thanks!

webslinger85

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2010
Is there a difference between the official ($29) Lightning to 30-pin Adapter and a unofficial ($3)?

Thanks!

The unofficial one also feels cheaper, and doesn't fit flush with my 30-pin cord in my car. It charges just fine, but it's just..cheap

Also doesn't support audio-out

Zmanbaseball2

macrumors 68040
Aug 24, 2012
New York, USA
Lightning Cable Thread?

The unofficial one also feels cheaper, and doesn't fit flush with my 30-pin cord in my car. It charges just fine, but it's just..cheap

Also doesn't support audio-out

Any link on amazon for a cheap one. I would like to have it for charging. Even a micro usb to lightning would be good.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

----------

I found this one (micro usb to lightning)
Micro USB adapter to iPhone 5, iPad mini, iPod 5 Apple Lightning connector adapter micro usb (wizcrafter logo and packaging)
http://amzn.com/B00A6YHNOG

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

aldoF

macrumors regular
Apr 16, 2011
FYI,,,,seems like iOS7 does not like non-oem cables, I'm having all kinds of trouble charging my phone properly.

Partridge

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2007
So far from my experience with an Element Sector 5 (known for being very picky about what cables will work for it, as it's a very tight aluminum opening designed for the apple cable.)

The Belkin cables are close, but a little tight (wide). I had to sand the rubber down a bit to make it fit, luckily all the extra bulk is just solid rubber.

The Griffin cables are much better. The tip is about the same size as the apple cable, but the base flares out a bit to make it easier to remove. No issues with fit on any case I've tried so far.

Griffin has a nice short 2ft cable that's only $17. Nice for syncing and charging off a laptop.

jcpb

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2012
Hello! I'm trying to see what lightning cables are out there that would work with cases that have a very tight opening.

For example, I have the caze thin edge and the only lightning cable that I have that works is the original apple one.

Are there other cables, preferably longer ones that have the same lightning conmecter?
Apple's Lightning to micro-USB adapter, and Lightning to 30-pin cable.

I much prefer micro-USB over all the Apple-specific connectors for charging, however.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.