Lightning Cable Thread?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by joekim1026, Jun 1, 2013.

1. joekim1026 macrumors regular

Hello! I'm trying to see what lightning cables are out there that would work with cases that have a very tight opening.

For example, I have the caze thin edge and the only lightning cable that I have that works is the original apple one.

Are there other cables, preferably longer ones that have the same lightning conmecter?

2. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

3. joekim1026 thread starter macrumors regular

I have it, the connector is too thick for my case.

4. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

5. luisramos macrumors newbie

Is there a difference between the official ($29) Lightning to 30-pin Adapter and a unofficial ($3)?

Thanks!

6. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

Unofficial one is not trustworthy and prob does not work. 30$ one is real and made by the real company. Apple.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

7. webslinger85 macrumors 6502a

webslinger85

The unofficial one also feels cheaper, and doesn't fit flush with my 30-pin cord in my car. It charges just fine, but it's just..cheap

Also doesn't support audio-out

8. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

Lightning Cable Thread?

Any link on amazon for a cheap one. I would like to have it for charging. Even a micro usb to lightning would be good.

----------

I found this one (micro usb to lightning)
    Micro USB adapter to iPhone 5, iPad mini, iPod 5 Apple Lightning connector adapter micro usb (wizcrafter logo and packaging)
    http://amzn.com/B00A6YHNOG

9. webslinger85 macrumors 6502a

webslinger85

10. aldoF macrumors regular

FYI,,,,seems like iOS7 does not like non-oem cables, I'm having all kinds of trouble charging my phone properly.

11. Partridge macrumors 6502

So far from my experience with an Element Sector 5 (known for being very picky about what cables will work for it, as it's a very tight aluminum opening designed for the apple cable.)

The Belkin cables are close, but a little tight (wide). I had to sand the rubber down a bit to make it fit, luckily all the extra bulk is just solid rubber.

The Griffin cables are much better. The tip is about the same size as the apple cable, but the base flares out a bit to make it easier to remove. No issues with fit on any case I've tried so far.

Griffin has a nice short 2ft cable that's only $17. Nice for syncing and charging off a laptop.

12. jcpb macrumors 6502a

Apple's Lightning to micro-USB adapter, and Lightning to 30-pin cable.

I much prefer micro-USB over all the Apple-specific connectors for charging, however.