Lightning cable with 2 USB connections

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by mitch1211, Sep 22, 2013.

1. mitch1211 macrumors newbie

Hi

With my iPhone 5 I used to have a usb to lightning cable plugged into my car stereo that trickled charged (slowly charged) my phone and allowed the stereo full control of the music app.

I've upgraded to iPhone 5S and the power supplied by the stereo is insufficient to charge the phone. The battery level drops with use even though it says it should be charging.

I'd like to know if there is a lightning cable that has 2 usb connections so I can use one for charging in a 12v charger and the other for data from the stereo.

Don't really wanna go to a Bluetooth stereo connection if I can help it. Anyone know if this exists or can offer a solution?

Mitch

2. brand macrumors 601

brand

The iPhone is only rated for 5v.

3. deeddawg macrumors 604

No idea if it will work, but find a 2xUSB to microUSB cable, such as from an external hard drive, and couple that with the Apple microUSB to Lightning adapter.

AFAIK there's no single cable as you describe, as a USB socket should provide at least 500ma @ 5V

4. betaboy78 macrumors regular

betaboy78

Do you have some apps running in the background draining power faster than normal, maybe?