Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mr.bee

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 24, 2007
Antwerp, belgium
Bought an iPad mini 4 last week, love the device, but the lightning connector seems 'loose'.

I have an iPhone 5 and 6s and when I plug a connector, it makes a click. The iPhone is "firmly" attached to the connector. I can pull the cord and the iPhone will be dragged along.
But for this iPad mini 4, the lightning connector doesn't make a click and can be very easily pulled out. Is that normal?

ron7624

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2011
Houston, Texas area
Bought an iPad mini 4 last week, love the device, but the lightning connector seems 'loose'.

I have an iPhone 5 and 6s and when I plug a connector, it makes a click. The iPhone is "firmly" attached to the connector. I can pull the cord and the iPhone will be dragged along.
But for this iPad mini 4, the lightning connector doesn't make a click and can be very easily pulled out. Is that normal?
No. my connector is just as tight on the mini as on my iPhone. If you are using the genuine Apple cable and the connection is loose, take both to your Apple Store and they will replace one or the other.

The problem with 3rd party cables (No accusations here) is that the Lightning connector may be too fat and expand the female lightning end in your iPad causing permanent damage or be too thin so it seems loose.

mr.bee

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 24, 2007
Antwerp, belgium
No. my connector is just as tight on the mini as on my iPhone. If you are using the genuine Apple cable and the connection is loose, take both to your Apple Store and they will replace one or the other.

The problem with 3rd party cables (No accusations here) is that the Lightning connector may be too fat and expand the female lightning end in your iPad causing permanent damage or be too thin so it seems loose.
No, all my lightning connectors are originals, no 3rd party. Guess I have to take it to the store again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.