All iPads Lightning Digital AV Adapter to HDMI to VGA adaptor?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by robertpetry, Feb 4, 2014.

1. robertpetry macrumors 6502

Hello all,

Just wondering if you know whether this works? I would like to buy a Lightning Digital AV adapter to use with HDMI projectors and devices but since sometimes all a client has is a VGA connector I would like to use a standard HDMI to VGA converter. That would be a lot cheaper than also buying a Lightning to VGA adapter since both are $49.

Amazon has one for $14.99

2. takeshi74 macrumors 601

It will work with a converter (digital to analog) but not an adapter (no conversion). It's unclear which you're referring to as your post and subject refer to both.

3. Abazigal macrumors 604

Abazigal

Sadly, the only way to be sure would be to test it out, but I am honestly not feeling optimistic.

I know I tried something like that (connect a HDMI-to-VGA adaptor to a mini display-to-HDMI adaptor to hook up my macbook air to a VGA projector). My laptop screen just kept flickering between blue and the main desktop while nothing showed up on the projector screen.

My guess is that the 2 adaptors are somehow stuck in some conversion loop. I am not sure if there is a distinction between adaptor and converter? :confused: