iPhone Lightning Digital AV Adapter Xfinity TV

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by GmDude66, Feb 9, 2015.

1. GmDude66 macrumors 6502

Hello, I was wondering if there was a tweak in Cydia to patch the message on the Xfinity App or block detection of the adapter on third party apps.

While streaming Live TV, I will get an error message after plugging in my Lightning to HDMI adapter.

The error message on the TV/Monitor states the following:
    Code:
    We're sorry. Because of security protocols specified by our Network partners, you can enjoy this great video on your mobile device only.

On the phone itself, it shows this message:
    Code:
    Security Issue: 3338 (1000942)
    This content is not playable via the current external device. Please disconnect the device and try again.

Obviously it is detecting the adapter and denying it. Is there a way around this?

Thanks!

2. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

Try TSprotector or xCon Beta 40

3. GmDude66 thread starter macrumors 6502

These did not do the trick, it seems they are more to prevent jailbreak detection than video adapter detection.

4. ntegra macrumors regular

Try flex, I can't guarantee success but I know I used flex to patch AirPlay with xfinity.

5. GmDude66 thread starter macrumors 6502

I found a patch in there that says to allow AV adapters, but the new version of the app must still be detecting something.

Even tried creating my own Flex patch for this, to no avail.

6. Jeremyddub macrumors newbie

I am curious if you have found any kind of workaround for this BS security protocol. I am having the same issue. I am currently working away from home and have no cable here. Any help would be much appreciated.

7. GmDude66 thread starter macrumors 6502

I came up empty handed on this one unfortunately. I updated to 8.3 for my watch and got rid of the jailbreak. Let me know if you find anything though!