Resolved Lightning HDMI Adapter not working with iOS 6.1.3

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Rigby, Apr 13, 2013.

1. Rigby, Apr 13, 2013
    Last edited: May 12, 2013

Rigby macrumors 601

Since a couple of weeks my Lightning HDMI adapter doesn't seem to work anymore, neither with my iPhone 5 nor the iPad Mini. If I connect the cable, the status bar starts glowing blue, but after a few seconds it just stops and no picture appears on the TV.

I think the problem may have started after I updated to iOS 6.1.3. Does anybody have this combination working?

2. Boriflaco macrumors newbie

I'm having the exact same issue. Found a solution yet?

3. HiddenPuppy macrumors 6502

HiddenPuppy

Just tried both my HDMI and VGA adapter and they both work and I am running 6.1.3

4. bigcstyle4 macrumors 6502

If you have an Apple Store near you, take it in and they'll replace it for you. I recently had a lightning to 30 pin adapter decide that it was only going to work when plugged in in one orientation. They didn't even test it before replacing it.

5. Rigby thread starter macrumors 601

I followed bigcstyle4's advice and went to the Apple store. They replaced the adapter no questions asked. The new one works fine. :)

6. Rigby thread starter macrumors 601

Yeah, this thing seems to be a bit fickle. No wonder, given that there is a rather complex controller inside. ;)

Thanks everyone for the feedback!