Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shas95

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 23, 2012
can anyone recommend a lightning headphone and charger splitter? Had the Xs max for a week now and found myself in the situation of being unable to use headphones in bed because the phones on charge.

wilsonlaidlaw

macrumors 6502
Oct 29, 2008
I bought a new Belkin Rockstar that supposedly is a Lighting port doubler. This should mean that you can charge an iOS Lightning port device (iPhone, iPod touch, iPad) while simultaneously having an active digital audio Lightning output. Nice in theory but in practice it just does not work at all. The charge through works but no digital audio device or digital headphones work or are recognised as being connected, when checking on the audio devices list. These same devices and/or headphones are recognised and work correctly, when connected direct to the iOS device Lightning port. I wish I had read the Amazon reviews before buying this thing. It gets one star and nearly every buyer says it does not work. Useless design or appalling manufacturing - I don't know but one or the other. Apple offer it on their own website and one would have hoped they might have tested it before offering it for sale but maybe not.

I want to be able to use my Beyerdynamic T5P headphones with their Impacto DAC/Amp on my iPhone SE or iPod Touch, while they are connected to a powerbank for charging.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.