Lightning Port scratching my fingers

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by NewtonPippin, Mar 2, 2015.

1. NewtonPippin macrumors regular

Ugh! Sometimes I kind of rest my finger under my Gold IPhone 6, and against the Lightning port. But the port is extremely sharp, to the point where I've actually cut my finger. Is the only solution buying a nasty case? :(

2. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

Just hold your phone differently. I haven't had any issues with my 6+.

There are plugs you can get to cover the ports if it actually bothers you that much.

3. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Well, MY Black iPhone 6 doesn't cut me at all, so yeah, maybe you shouldn't have purchased the Gold model.

4. pojo1806 macrumors 68000

When will people stop posting idiotic things on this forum? I have the gold iPhone 6 and my lightning port is smooth, no way it could cut my finger..

5. AAPLinc macrumors 65816

Seriously? The lightning port is cutting your finger? I cant even.

That port is not extremely sharp at all. And it's the same port that was on the 5/5S as well (same finish and beveled edges). Not once have I ever heard of someone cutting their finger on an iPhone charge port.

6. meistervu macrumors 65816

Well, I never noticed this (I have a 6), but now that I look at it, I can see how it can happen.

My Lightning port is a bit sharp, but the sharp edge doesn't stick out far enough to cut me. However, I could scrape it against the top of my fingernail and shave it. I imagine under the perfect condition and if the thing sticks out a bit longer than mine, one may be able to cut oneself with it.

7. AAPLinc macrumors 65816

8. hamiltonDSi macrumors 65832

hamiltonDSi

Why do people say the color of their devices ? Such a strange thing...

9. AAPLinc macrumors 65816

Seems he thinks gold is really cool so he must make it clear and show off the fact that he has the cool gold model.

10. Darryjr macrumors regular

Darryjr

I had the same issue with one of mine. In time the raised area wore down with normal use. Not a problem anymore.

11. Paddle1 macrumors 68030

They were joking.

12. pojo1806 macrumors 68000

I think you missed the point.

13. Crichton333 macrumors 6502

Crichton333

14. C DM macrumors Westmere

Why? Can't some units of a mass manufactured product have some slight differences and even defects in metal work or other areas that cause some issues? Is that really thst hard to imagine given that it happens with mass produced products all the time?

15. Paddle1 macrumors 68030

You were joking too then? You can't really tell.

16. redheeler macrumors 603

redheeler

In that case the OP should get the phone exchanged for one that isn't so sharp.

17. Let My heart go macrumors newbie

Sharp iphone

My wife often in the past did cut her fingers with paper at work in office before she bore my daughter.
    So here nothing extraordinary for me that someone may cut fingers with iphone.

18. IpadSC400, Mar 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2015

IpadSC400 macrumors 6502a

IpadSC400

19. AAPLinc, Mar 4, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2015

AAPLinc macrumors 65816

Paper cuts are the most common thing ever. Cutting yourself with a charge port on a smooth metal surface? Not so much. Unless there was some sort of flaw, or he made some sort of ding and misshaped the metal and caused a sharp edge. I just ran my ringers over the port several times at several angles and not once did I feel like I was in danger. Post pics of the charge port, maybe there is indeed some sort of flaw on your particular phone otherwise I'm sorry this is silly.

I feel like people who cut themselves (or claim to) on phone charge ports are the same people that cause the "do not use in bathtub" tags to be put on hair dryers.