Lightning Review: Ivyskin Xylo T3 Case (Chrome and Black)

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by nutsnbolts, Aug 13, 2008.

1. nutsnbolts macrumors 6502

Review:
    Well this is really not a huge review. But for those who are interested, here is some images regarding the Xylo T3 in Chrome and Black.

This is a clear case that is accented with a mirror "chrome" finish and/or Black.

Initial Impressions:
    It's a decent clear case. Quality is definitely there. It will protect your iPhone 3g from scratches, although I would hesitate on dropping it. Of course, it all depends on how high it's falling from.

Regarding the touchscreen capability. It is covered with hard plastic all around, including the screen. It is a bit thinner around the screen area but it does work as advertised.

I do warn everyone, the is what I call a "defect" with this case. The corner areas around the screen (may be different for others) but specifically on both the cases, the top left and bottom left corner loses a lot of sensitivity.

In other words, you really need to press hard. Overall, the rest of the screen is no issue. However, if you are comparing it to a no screen or screen protector, you do have to depress a bit harder. So...if you are looking to not loose any sensitivity on the touchscreen, this is not for you.

Last, but not least, this is a good fit. The case will hold together unlike the older reviews for the Xylo T2 where it's loose and the case can come apart in your pockets. You will actually struggle removing the case off, until you know how to finesse it.

On a side note, I did also purchase the reflector screen (as you can see in the images). I wanted to try using the Chrome Case with the reflector screen and it is pretty cool. it's not a seamless transition between the reflector screen and the case but if you want an all mirror affect, this will work.

For those who are wondering what case I'm currently using, that is a Speakeasy Arctic Capsule (a very very awesome case) with the reflector screen. Take note as well that Ivyskin did send me the wrong reflector screen. That one on there is for the older iPhone 2g. It does the job and I am expecting for them to send it to me to replace.

Other than that, I'm not here to bash the company. Due note that you can find this same case in some of the advertisements here and/or possibly eBay (I think the same manufacturer), just branded accordingly.

Enjoy and feel free to leave some feedback.

This was actually inspired by this thread (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=521531) I didn't want to hijack the thread and/or have you guys have to go through several pages just to get to the pictures.

Attached Files:

2. nutsnbolts thread starter macrumors 6502

Some more to enjoy!

Attached Files:

3. nutsnbolts thread starter macrumors 6502

4. jprincesa macrumors member

jprincesa

How are fingerprints on the reflector screen? Can you see a lot of smudges on it?

5. peanut48 macrumors regular

Thanks a lot!!!

This has made my decision so much more easy...This is exactly what I was looking for and have been constantly lurking around the forum...Finally my prayers have been answered :D

I like the capsule rebel case with the reflector...I'm waiting for my ebay reflector/mirror screen and my iPhone (on 22nd hopefully)....

6. nutsnbolts thread starter macrumors 6502

Fingerprints are not a thing of the past with this case. However, cleaning the surface is easy...just rub it on your shirt and it comes right off.

7. nutsnbolts thread starter macrumors 6502

Believe me, I have looked and looked over and over before this came out and couldn't find one review. T2 reviews were all over the place but T3...well it made sense so I figured I'd do one with it.

8. stdr macrumors newbie

Decent Product, Bad customer service

Have had this case for about three weeks. Like everyone notices, reduced sensitivity at the corners. Otherwise case looks great, can get scratched in the back, so need to handle carefully, easy to remove, not much fingerprint problems.

However, the case would not snap tight and keeps opening in the top part when in the pocket. So will definitely not help during a fall.

I emailed ivyskin support 3 times and called them atleast 6 times( goes directly to voicemail, left messages) but have not received any response yet. One of the worst customer services I have seen. Debating return....:mad:

9. patd macrumors member

It looks like you are 100% correct, I bought the exact duplicate of this on ebay for half the price, I met a guy at the mall the other day who has a ivskin, I showed him my case and they were identical, Save yourself some money and aggrevation by not having to deal with them trying to get in contact with them and order the same case off of ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/APPLE-iPHONE-2-...photoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262