Lightning to 30 pin .2m cable has fatter lighting connector than standard usb cable

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by AnthonySager, Oct 15, 2012.

1. AnthonySager macrumors member

Just got my .2m adapter (only took 5 days even thought it said 2-3 weeks) and the connector is slightly fatter than the standard connector so I couldn't use it with my Switcheasy tones case. Got the Drexel out and took a little off the top and bottom (in reference to the lightning connector being perpendicular to the table) and alls well. Didn't take a whole lot but everything works well. Too be safe put some masking tape over the connector to keep it protected in surgery.

2. trlyka macrumors 6502a

trlyka

3. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

WHY would they do this.... God damnit. I'm screwed then #:mad:

4. benh911f macrumors 6502

I posted this in the other thread but the thread title was pretty vague so it might make more sense here:

Unfortunately I just experienced it firsthand. Have the Switcheasy Tones case, and after hearing the Lightning to 30 Pin adapter wouldn't fit with cases, I go the Lightning to 30 Pin cable. Got it in the mail today and it wouldn't fit. I'm not the handiest person, so would a novice like me have any issues with the dremel?

5. AnthonySager thread starter macrumors member

I don't think you'll have a problem at all. Use a medium speed and take off a little at a time. Put masking tape over the connector for protection.