Lightning to 30-pin Adapter (0.2 m) - separate thread

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by KojiH, Oct 11, 2012.

1. KojiH macrumors 6502

I'm going to start a new thread for the 0.2m corded Lighting to 30-pin adapter.

My order for 2 is now listed as shipped on the Apple Store website.

They shipped via FedEx from China by way of Hong Kong and appear to have been shipped standard/economy. The tracking estimates shipping time of 5 days to USA.

As an aside, I have two of the other version (1-piece rectangle) set to arrive today but I will be returning them as they appear to be incompatible with most cases on the market.

2. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

Excited to see pictures :)

3. fishmoose macrumors 68000

Cancelled my order for the regular one and changed to the one with a cable today. 2-3 weeks delivery here in Sweden for it.

4. pradeepgj macrumors member

My .2m cable ordered on October 1 is on it way to HK right now. Shipped last night. I am surprised to see October 1st orders shipping. May be because, there are less orders for the one with the cable. Lots of people did not realize the incompatibility of n0 cable adapter with phones that has cases on it.

Glad I thought about it.

5. vajeff macrumors member

Mine is now on it's way. Picked up at 9:41am HK time on the 11th. Still in Hong Kong right now...

6. RipeRetina macrumors regular

RipeRetina

My adapters would have shipped already but the Apple online order had to be canceled in order to change the quantity of the order from 2 to 1. Kinda stinks, keeps saying 'processing'.:(

7. chele519 macrumors regular

I went ahead and ordered this one plus a reg cable to get the free shipping. I'll end up returning one of them to the store depending whether it works with the Hyundai cable or not.

8. zorinlynx macrumors 601

zorinlynx

I got the one with the cable too. Should be arriving next week.

Yes, it's more money, but it's absolutely universal. I can use it with pretty much anything. I'm going to normally use it with my iHome, but plan to bring it when I travel, so I can use my phone at hotels that provide 30-pin docks.

Heck, one hotel I stayed at had a really nice Denon sound system with a 30-pin dock. It was so nice to dock my phone (iPhone 4) and have it play my music and fill the room!

9. theautopilot macrumors 6502a

theautopilot

So it seems the connector on this adaptor is wider than the normal Lightning cable. It's possible even this version won't work with all cases. Anyone had one yet and tried it with a case?

10. Primus84 macrumors 6502

Yeah works fine with the Speck Candyshell Grip

11. Zimmy68 macrumors 65816

Zimmy68

That is awesome to hear.

I have that case and was ready to return it based on the 30 pin adapter.

Love the case but it is not friendly with the many headphone jack cables I have.

12. Primus84 macrumors 6502

I was pleasantly surprised when I found my Beats Solo HDs work with it even with their funny right angle jack

13. chele519 macrumors regular

Great! I have that case too.

14. brand macrumors 601

brand

Um, its a cable. Maybe I am missing something, I don't know. :confused:

15. chele519 macrumors regular

I placed an order today for this item, in addition to an extra lightning to usb cable in case the adapter didn't work in my car. The adapter cable said ships in 2-3 weeks with an estimated delivery date of 11/1-11/7 while the lightning cable said 1-2 weeks delivery by 10/31. Tonight the adapter says preparing for shipment and the option to cancel is gone, the lightning cable says processing and still has the cancel option available. Does that mean there's a good chance of getting it earlier than Nov?

16. J Griz 757 macrumors regular

J Griz 757

Just received mine today. Very happy with it.

I can still charge with my case on, and the converter works in all 3 of my cars that use a 30pin cord to connect the iPhone.

Deff the smarter option of the 2 converters imo.

17. thadoggfather Suspended

thadoggfather

People with the cable adapter, can you post pictures?

Mine, ordered oct 1 is still processing.

18. pavelbure macrumors 6502a

Just ordered one, hoping it will fit my otterbox case. the other adapter does not.

19. PittsDriver macrumors 6502a

PittsDriver

I would love to see pictures as well just to compare.

20. chele519 macrumors regular

Delivery date estimates are wrong

These are shipping much faster than it shows when you place the order. I ordered yesterday and it said ships in 2-3 weeks, del the 1st week of November. Mine shipped last night and will be here Wed.

21. Skunkape123 macrumors member

Just had mine delivered.

Thought it was actually going to be longer that it was... however im happy that it's not to be honest.

22. theautopilot macrumors 6502a

theautopilot

23. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

Troll much?

The description accurately depicts what the movie entails, and to users like us wondering about how it looks and operates, this is actually useful.

Still no store availability :mad:

24. Bigads macrumors regular

Bigads

Mine arrived in the post today. Works fine with the chargers and docks I have.

Not the most elegant solution but I prefer it over the straight connector and it will suffice until lightning equipped docks appear.