lightning to 30 pin adaptor

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by tboyd37, Dec 26, 2012.

1. tboyd37 macrumors newbie

hi,

was wondering if any of u have this adaptor & if there is any issue... since upgrading from an iphone 4 to a 5 my poor ihome is just sitting & can't use it anymore :( i fully understand that this adaptor does not provide video out.. im just wondering is it worth the $?? is the iphone going to be stable on it?? is audio quality effected?? or should i start looking for a new owner for my ihome??

2. = bluntman = macrumors regular

If your iPhone is going to sit unsupported at an angle, I might consider purchasing the 30 pin to Lightning cable instead of the adapter.

3. Charadis macrumors 6502a

See attachment. Works with my Sony dock very well, including all controls from the remote and sound through the speakers/woofer (not shown). Dock wasn't made for video input, however, so I cannot test that.

Mine has adjustable dock rest for multiple iDevice variations; I do not know if your iHome does or not. Your results may vary.

Attached Files:

4. JNGold macrumors 6502a

JNGold

I am currently using cases that don't allow any of the Apple 30 pin to connect. However when I was using an open-ended case, I was able to use both connectors. I had no issue using the non-cable adapter as the connect seems relatively study enough to support the light-weight iPhone 5. The only issue is disconnecting the phone from the connector. I would have to use two hands; one to hold the adapter, the other to pull the phone away.

If you want to hold on to your iHome until the market has enough good choices available for lightning iPhones, then either adapter will suffice as a short term solution. Just be careful of what case you use. :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356635656.502629.jpg

5. Sherifftruman macrumors 6502

I have an iHome single dock radio and use the apple cable that is not quite as deep as the one above. The phone just hangs down in front and sort of stands up on the table upside down. Not as elegant, but since there are no similar lightning radios out yet and it's saving me $100 bucks, I'll deal.

6. tboyd37 thread starter macrumors newbie

Here's my ihome I think the adapt

----------

Here's my ihome I think the adaptor will work ok with it sorry the pic loaded side ways but u can c it anyway and thank u for all the feedback I think I may get the adaptor after all the comments :)

7. DaveTheRave macrumors 6502a

Dumb question but does the adapter still allow charging on the dock or just transmit music?

8. shleif macrumors newbie

Should charge the iphone 5 just fine. The adapter is designed to charge and pass through analog audio when used in conjunction with a 30 pin source be it a USB connection, stereo or clock radio as long as they are cabable of charging via the 30 pin connection. I use one in conjunction with my Pioneer AVIC Z140 and it charges just fine. I can't imagine any reason why any other 30 pin source capable of charging wont work fine with this adapter.

9. takeshi74 macrumors 601

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MD824ZM/A/lightning-to-30-pin-adapter-02-m?fnode=45

10. tboyd37 thread starter macrumors newbie