Lightning to micro USB adapter and Black Friday

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by ron7624, Nov 20, 2013.

1. ron7624, Nov 20, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2013

ron7624 Contributor

ron7624

I have 2 of these 19 dollar adapters and love them. They are better than cords because you can switch lengths of the cords easily and are very sturdy. Does anyone remember if Apple puts them on sale on Black Friday?
    I want 2 more but would like to save a couple of bucks each if possible.

2. JAT macrumors 603

I don't recall Apple's cables ever going on sale from Apple.

3. weckart macrumors 68040

4. ron7624, Dec 8, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2013

ron7624 thread starter Contributor

ron7624

Genuine apple adapters from China

Since my question as the op above, I found a website in China selling lightning type accessories. I bought 2 of these adapters for 5.90 each after asking them if they were certified mfi. The reply is that they were genuine Apple accessories. I've seen their adverts before on the web and think they are the real deal. If interested, check out imod.co
    The price above is a sale price I'm not sure what they sell them for normally but I will post a comment after I received them letting you all know if they are the real deal or not.

5. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Nope, they are not genuine at that price.
    Also, imod.com goes to qualcomm.com/mirasol

6. ron7624 thread starter Contributor

ron7624

I had that happen once also, but follow this link and it will take you to the adapters. http://imod.co/shop/microusb-to-lightning-adapter-for-ios-7/
    They sell both mfi certified cables and others that don't carry that certification but will work with ios7, per their advertising. In addition they claim to carry genuine Apple cables and are priced accordingly. This may be a loss leader or maybe I've been taken. I'll let you know....:eek:

7. themumu macrumors 6502a

themumu

My suspicion is that you will get knock-offs, which may work fine for a while, but may not be the same build quality. Compare the original one you have to the new one and see if there are any visible differences in how the parts are put together. If it's a bad knock-off, the differences would be easy to spot. It may still work, but not for as long as you'd like.

8. stract macrumors member

micro USB to lightning

has anyone found a micro USB to lightning adapter? micro USB male to lightning female, in case it was clear.

9. ron7624 thread starter Contributor

ron7624

I received two of these adapters about a week ago, and as promised here is my finding:
    I have two of the Apple adapters that I bought at the Apple retail store at my local mall. They work quite well and I like them very much simply because I can change the chord length at will using readily available micro USB charging cables. After a week of testing, I cannot tell the difference in function or appearance between the two that I received from Imod and the Apple adapters. They charge both my iPhone and iPad with no error statement from ios7.
    No, they are not original apple items, but they are manufactured by a company that makes and sells several different certified MFI products and these items work as advertised.

10. ron7624 thread starter Contributor

ron7624

On the web, input imod.co Leave the M of of com
    It is imod company.
    Confusing to me at first, but that is why we think we are being hijacked to another site.
    Also, to be clearer, these adapters are MFI Certified per their advert.
    Regards...