Lightning to Micro USB Adapter

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by GreasyWeasel, Sep 18, 2012.

1. GreasyWeasel macrumors member

I just some might be interested in seeing an actual photo of the Lightning to Micro USB Adapter since mine turned up this morning and I haven't seen them posted anywhere else.

http://twitter.com/GreasyWeasel/status/248079253890007040/photo/1

It's really small but seems to clip on to the end of a micro usb cable pretty securely.

2. 8a22a macrumors 6502a

8a22a

3. eddiec312, Sep 18, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2012

eddiec312 macrumors 6502

eddiec312

Can you post a link to where I can buy that? I can't find it on the apple store website.

Edit: Ah, never mind. I googled and realized this was meant for Europeans. No wonder I can't find it on the US apple store.

4. GreasyWeasel thread starter macrumors member

5. ihonda macrumors 68000

does this support charging and sync or just charging?

seems to be both after reading.. wonder if its just smarter to buy these vs the USA adapters.

6. msarway macrumors 6502

msarway

i orderd one from ebay for for the usa. if good when when i got to europe next month i will buy a bunch.

7. phillypharm macrumors regular

yeah in 10 days i'll be heading to czech republic and germany. will prob get a few when i'm there. will be nice to use my plethora of micro usb cables

8. zorinlynx macrumors 601

zorinlynx

I want one of these! they seem incredibly useful, especially when you tend to hang out with people who have Micro-USB phones.

Any idea why they're not for sale in the US store? Apple seems to be missing out on a profit opportunity here. Are there any US vendors selling these (imported I guess) at non-obscene prices?

9. darngooddesign macrumors G3

They only exist because the EU made them have Micro USB compatibility.

10. Stadashic macrumors newbie

I think apple wants you to buy more lightning cables for the places you need them instead of a single adapter that could be more readily carried around so your spending more money. Just a guess I don't really know. Id definitely like to have one of these though.