Lightning to Micro USB Adapter

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by krixtian, Jul 13, 2013.

1. krixtian macrumors newbie

krixtian

I just bought this item since I think apple cables suck and they break in nothing. So I have a cable that I've been using and the phone charges fast, but when it comes to sync it takes forever. I went to ebay and I was looking at some High Speed micro USB cables and I was wondering what can you guys recommend. Right now I was looking at this one. http://www.ebay.com/itm/6-FT-2-0-USB-A-Male-to-Micro-B-Male-5-Pin-Cable-M-M-High-Speed-Data-6FT/190867523825?rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222002%26algo%3DSIC.FIT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D163%26meid%3D9059538589648009737%26pid%3D100005%26prg%3D1088%26rk%3D1%26sd%3D190864583143%26
    6Ft cables are always good or this one http://www.ebay.com/itm/5x-High-Speed-USB-Data-Sync-Charger-Cable-Samsung-Galaxy-Note-2-3-S-III-3-S3-S4-/290922843762?pt=US_Tablet_eReader_Chargers_Sync_Cables&hash=item43bc5a4e72
    that is always good having cables around. If you have any suggestions please share. Thanks

2. ItBeMe22, Jul 14, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2013

ItBeMe22 macrumors 6502

ItBeMe22

Well if you think the apple cables suck. Than I would say go ahead and buy them super cheap cables. End of problem, NOT:D

3. krixtian thread starter macrumors newbie

krixtian

Apple pays less than a dollar to make those cables and actually those super cheap cables last a lot since the built quality is way better than the apple ones.

4. tardman91 macrumors 6502a

tardman91

What makes you think the build quality of the Apple cables is worse than those cheap eBay ones?
    Your slowdown is likely where the USB cable meets the Lightning adapter. A new cable isn't going to make that any faster.

5. krixtian, Jul 14, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2013

krixtian thread starter macrumors newbie

krixtian

It makes a huge different I use my jambox cable which is the one that I don't want to use any more because is slow, but when I use my mother's galaxy s4 cable the speed is way faster. Obviously the built quality on apple cables suck! Those are really thin and they break in a month. So cheap cables on ebay I'm 100% sure the quality is better because its thicker. I've bought Hdmi cables for less than $3 and they last me for years. I've already used 2 lightning cables and they are already broken. It's not like I can just sit in a desk and use it there while leaving the cable intact. I need it for traveling in airplanes, cars, so I use it a lot. So I'm wondering should I just buy a samsung cable to go for a safe bet or can I just go with a cheap high-speed cable from ebay since my jambox cable is slow?

6. Partridge macrumors 6502

Seriously?

Seriously?

You actually think that the choice of lightning cable is changing your sync speed? And that using a "high-speed" USB cable is going to make it faster?

Seriously?

If so, I have some high speed HDMI cables and some solid silver speaker cables to sell you.

7. jcpb macrumors 6502a

OP is a Monster Cable sales rep's wildest dreams come true.

edit: I prefer micro-USB because it makes my life easier when recharging various devices. Lightning is superior when it comes to not worrying about the orientation of the plug, however.

8. krixtian thread starter macrumors newbie

krixtian

Ok, decided to buy the cable that from the first link and it works perfectly its way faster than the jambox one and the quality it looks like its going to last. I tested the transfers speed transferring apps in itunes and its way faster than the jambox cable.

----------

I'm not sure if you understand me or not. Obviously the lightning cable is going to be faster, but I hate the quality of the cable since it breaks all the time. I decided to purchased a micro-usb adapter and use it with my JAWBONE JAMBOX micro usb cable, but it was really really slow. So that's why I started this thread to know what you guys suggested, but instead ended up buying a high speed micro usb cable that works better and faster than the one that I was using (not lightning cable, micro-usb cable with lightning adapter).

9. krixtian thread starter macrumors newbie

krixtian

The black one is the new one.

Attached Files:

10. Apple fanboy macrumors P6

Apple fanboy

Am I missing something here? I've never had a lightning cable break. Had iPhone 5 & iPad 4 since launch?

I did have an old 30 pin connector break once though.

11. krixtian thread starter macrumors newbie

krixtian

It depend how your usage is towards the cable. Me would be constant traveling putting it inside bags, pocket, car glove compartments, hotels, computer, etc., and that's on a weekly basis. My friends that always leave the cable on their desk and they just plug in and out they just use it there without barely touching the cable and its perfect condition. In my case I need something stronger and longer.