Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Italianblend

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 21, 2011
Fatima
Hi,

I have an ipad 3 (I think it was called the "new" ipad before the current one came out).

Anyway, it still has the old connector. I have a 4S and charge both with the same cord. It's just more convenient that way. When I get the 5S, are there any adapters I can buy that will allow me to still charge both with the same cord?

Thanks.

paulrbeers

macrumors 68040
Dec 17, 2009
Hi,

I have an ipad 3 (I think it was called the "new" ipad before the current one came out).

Anyway, it still has the old connector. I have a 4S and charge both with the same cord. It's just more convenient that way. When I get the 5S, are there any adapters I can buy that will allow me to still charge both with the same cord?

Thanks.

I guess my question is why? The charger you have for your iPad 3 is nothing more than a 10W USB charger with a USB to 30 pin cable. The iPhone 5S will come with a smaller 5W USB charger with a USB to Lightning cable. Just pull the USB to 30 pin cable out of the iPad's charger and put the USB to Lightning cable in. That is basically your "converter" you are looking for.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.