Lightning to USB C adapter

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by MrMister111, Mar 27, 2019.

1. MrMister111 macrumors 68020

Anyone recommend a lightning to USB C adapter like these please.

I actually want them to use with my Apple USB-C to lightning to be honest, for currently son's S9, but maybe in future (hopefully) the new iPad Pro's. However looks like a lot say don't fast charge.

As Apple don't have a non Apple USB C to lightning from only themselves, I ideally want an all in one 3 in 1 (micro, USB C, lightning) for fast charging, but can't get one yet.[​IMG]

2. jazz1 macrumors 68000

jazz1

I've been looking for one so that I can use my Bowers & Wilkins P9 headphone. My headphone is cabled with the B&W lightening terminated inline DAC module.

So far B&W has no adapter for the lightening terminated cable, or new USB-C terminated in-inline cable. I've contacted them several times. They can't even state if they have plans to develop one.

I'd love to try out one of these adapters, but I wonder if it will work for audio? As an Apple user, I just "love" adding more dongles :p

3. RevTEG macrumors 6502a

RevTEG

I bought a pack of adapters from Amazon that included a usb-c to lighting. I bought a second one from a cheap electronic type store. Neither worked. I didn’t get then accessory warning on the screen but neither did it charge. It was a 3rd gen 12.9 iPad that I tried it on. Couldn’t get charge or sound from the Apple lighting EarPods.

4. MrMister111 thread starter macrumors 68020

Decided to just buy separate cables. Couldn't find a 3 in 1 with USB-C on so bought USB-C to MicroUSB, and Anker USB-C to lightning. Also bought an Anker 3 in 1 USB A to MicroUSB, lightning, USB-C.

[​IMG]

5. kingalien macrumors 6502

kingalien

6. MrMister111 thread starter macrumors 68020

7. kingalien macrumors 6502

kingalien

I don’t believe it will support fast charging.

8. yegon macrumors 68030

Old thread bump, I realise this.

Anyway, as you’ve likely realised most/all of the available ones don’t support audio.

However, Anker are meant to be releasing one that does support audio, the April release date has come and gone and I can’t find it anywhere, but it will hopefully appear eventually. Mentioned near the bottom of this article;

https://appleinsider.com/articles/1...htning-cables-in-march-audio-adapter-in-april

9. kingalien macrumors 6502

kingalien

10. jazz1, May 15, 2019
    Last edited: May 15, 2019

jazz1 macrumors 68000

jazz1

11. RevTEG, May 20, 2019
    Last edited: May 20, 2019

RevTEG macrumors 6502a

RevTEG

I think the OP wanted fast charging as well? I read through the link and didn't read if this audio adapter also always charging? Fast charging? This would allow me to carry one cable for my phone/iPad when away on business trips. Have you been able to confirm if this allows charging or just audio?

12. MrMister111 thread starter macrumors 68020

It's what I'm originally trying to do, as in carry one cable and charger. Anker have now released their official USB-C to lightning. I also have the Apple 18W UK PD charger, which has foldable pins.

So what is decided is to use the Apple 18W which has USB-C, and just get cables for that. So although it's expensive, it's how I see it all going anyway.

So I bought the Anker USB-C to lightning, a short USB-C to USB-C, and a short USB-C to MicroUSB and just wrapped them together.

This means I can charge just about anything, and also fast charge stuff where available. So 1 charger, 3 cables. Also my power bank has PD in/out and USB-C so that's all need....I think! Although I'm thinking now of buying the Apple magnetic cable USB-C to complete everything. At £29 it's expensive but then be complete.

I also bought the Anker 3 in 1 USB-A to MicroUSB/USB-C/lightning for backup.

Anker PowerLine II 3-in-1 Cable, Lightning/Type C/Micro USB Cable for iPhone, iPad, HTC, LG, Samsung Galaxy, Sony Xperia, Android Smartphones, and More(3ft / 0.9m) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07215381G/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_vEV4Cb7ZY870P

Anker USB C to Lightning Cable [3ft Apple MFi Certified] PowerLine II for iPhone X/XS/XR/XS Max / 8/8 Plus, Supports Power Delivery (For Use With Type C Chargers) (Black) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07H24PJGP/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_XEV4Cb1EBKFWC

AmazonBasics Double Braided Nylon USB Type-C to Micro-B 2.0 Male Cable | 0.3 m, Silver https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07CWNMPYH/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_eFV4Cb413ATPR

13. RevTEG macrumors 6502a

RevTEG

Confirmed this adapter does not allow charging. Audio only. So this wouldn’t work for the OP intended use case. I was also hoping that it allow for charging. Looks like I still need to carry around two different charging cords.