Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrMister111

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
UK
Anyone recommend a lightning to USB C adapter like these please.

I actually want them to use with my Apple USB-C to lightning to be honest, for currently son's S9, but maybe in future (hopefully) the new iPad Pro's. However looks like a lot say don't fast charge.

As Apple don't have a non Apple USB C to lightning from only themselves, I ideally want an all in one 3 in 1 (micro, USB C, lightning) for fast charging, but can't get one yet.
fb8d831f59cd9d346bea45114ce081a9.jpg

jazz1

Contributor
Aug 19, 2002
Mid-West USA
Anyone recommend a lightning to USB C adapter like these please.

I actually want them to use with my Apple USB-C to lightning to be honest, for currently son's S9, but maybe in future (hopefully) the new iPad Pro's. However looks like a lot say don't fast charge.

As Apple don't have a non Apple USB C to lightning from only themselves, I ideally want an all in one 3 in 1 (micro, USB C, lightning) for fast charging, but can't get one yet.
fb8d831f59cd9d346bea45114ce081a9.jpg
I've been looking for one so that I can use my Bowers & Wilkins P9 headphone. My headphone is cabled with the B&W lightening terminated inline DAC module.

So far B&W has no adapter for the lightening terminated cable, or new USB-C terminated in-inline cable. I've contacted them several times. They can't even state if they have plans to develop one.

I'd love to try out one of these adapters, but I wonder if it will work for audio? As an Apple user, I just "love" adding more dongles :p

RevTEG

macrumors 65816
Oct 28, 2012
San Jose, Ca
I bought a pack of adapters from Amazon that included a usb-c to lighting. I bought a second one from a cheap electronic type store. Neither worked. I didn’t get then accessory warning on the screen but neither did it charge. It was a 3rd gen 12.9 iPad that I tried it on. Couldn’t get charge or sound from the Apple lighting EarPods.

MrMister111

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
UK
Decided to just buy separate cables. Couldn't find a 3 in 1 with USB-C on so bought USB-C to MicroUSB, and Anker USB-C to lightning. Also bought an Anker 3 in 1 USB A to MicroUSB, lightning, USB-C.

a78bbf5afa73dc55a0a1ff437cf72baa.jpg

yegon

macrumors 68040
Oct 20, 2007
I've been looking for one so that I can use my Bowers & Wilkins P9 headphone. My headphone is cabled with the B&W lightening terminated inline DAC module.

So far B&W has no adapter for the lightening terminated cable, or new USB-C terminated in-inline cable. I've contacted them several times. They can't even state if they have plans to develop one.

I'd love to try out one of these adapters, but I wonder if it will work for audio? As an Apple user, I just "love" adding more dongles :p

Old thread bump, I realise this.

Anyway, as you’ve likely realised most/all of the available ones don’t support audio.

However, Anker are meant to be releasing one that does support audio, the April release date has come and gone and I can’t find it anywhere, but it will hopefully appear eventually. Mentioned near the bottom of this article;

https://appleinsider.com/articles/1...htning-cables-in-march-audio-adapter-in-april

Reactions: jazz1

RevTEG

macrumors 65816
Oct 28, 2012
San Jose, Ca
Anker’s USB-C to lightning with audio is available now. Appears to be going fast.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...ff6-b66b5703e95b&pf_rd_r=VDXSEHT3BRVHDH86H73M

I think the OP wanted fast charging as well? I read through the link and didn't read if this audio adapter also always charging? Fast charging? This would allow me to carry one cable for my phone/iPad when away on business trips. Have you been able to confirm if this allows charging or just audio?

Last edited:

MrMister111

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
UK
It's what I'm originally trying to do, as in carry one cable and charger. Anker have now released their official USB-C to lightning. I also have the Apple 18W UK PD charger, which has foldable pins.

So what is decided is to use the Apple 18W which has USB-C, and just get cables for that. So although it's expensive, it's how I see it all going anyway.

So I bought the Anker USB-C to lightning, a short USB-C to USB-C, and a short USB-C to MicroUSB and just wrapped them together.

This means I can charge just about anything, and also fast charge stuff where available. So 1 charger, 3 cables. Also my power bank has PD in/out and USB-C so that's all need....I think! Although I'm thinking now of buying the Apple magnetic cable USB-C to complete everything. At £29 it's expensive but then be complete.

I also bought the Anker 3 in 1 USB-A to MicroUSB/USB-C/lightning for backup.

Anker PowerLine II 3-in-1 Cable, Lightning/Type C/Micro USB Cable for iPhone, iPad, HTC, LG, Samsung Galaxy, Sony Xperia, Android Smartphones, and More(3ft / 0.9m) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07215381G/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_vEV4Cb7ZY870P

Anker USB C to Lightning Cable [3ft Apple MFi Certified] PowerLine II for iPhone X/XS/XR/XS Max / 8/8 Plus, Supports Power Delivery (For Use With Type C Chargers) (Black) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07H24PJGP/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_XEV4Cb1EBKFWC

AmazonBasics Double Braided Nylon USB Type-C to Micro-B 2.0 Male Cable | 0.3 m, Silver https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07CWNMPYH/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_eFV4Cb413ATPR

Reactions: RevTEG

RevTEG

macrumors 65816
Oct 28, 2012
San Jose, Ca
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.