iPhone Lightning to USB camera adapter on iPhone 6 hack?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by themyst, Nov 28, 2014.

1. themyst macrumors 6502

Hey guys, trying to connect thumb drives, SD cards, USB microphones etc. on my iPhone 6+ jailbroken.

From past experience with the older 30-pin CCK which was designed only for iPad, there was a hack to enable this on iPhone devices, which would help immensely with storage and local media.

Can anyone tell me if this is a feasible option and if it can be done with the new Lightning adapter? If so, what is the name of the tweak/hack?

Thanks!

2. 007p macrumors 6502a

The previous tweak or 'hack' was never really finished the last time, and hasn't been updated in a long time.

Unfortunately there is no way to use storage devices on the iphone and unless apple decide to allow you, probably never will be.

You may well be able to use other USB peripherals as they have opened up that portion of the USB on iphone's though.

3. paronga macrumors member

paronga

Are you sure about this? can you show me where you read this?
    Last i checked, you still couldn't get USB from the adaptor from a phone. But this was a while ago. Even with jailbreak.

It's still the only reason I have to buy an iPad. Too much audio gear I have runs over USB and I'm not interested in buying proprietor MIDI to lightening or some crap.

Would love to see some USB midi controllers plugged into my iPhone 6+ !!

4. 007p macrumors 6502a

I can't say I'm 100% positive, but I'm fairly certain. I don't have anything like it to personally try though.

The usb side of things was 'opened up' a bit more on the iphone in ios 7. So much so that people started believing that you could use flash drives on ios 7 / iphone 5s. But that was just a rumor started from being able to plug certain USB things in the iphone after ios 7.