Lightning to VGA cable--color issues

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by OUChevelleSS, Nov 5, 2013.

1. OUChevelleSS macrumors newbie

Hello,

I bought a Lightning to VGA cable from a seller on Amazon. It is a genuine apple cable, complete with box, warranty info, other paperwork, etc.

I'm plugging it into a nice projector. However, the connection felt like the clearances were pretty tight.

I could not get the RGYB mix to completely display. I could only get green and yellows, or yellows and blues. I only got yellow unless I wiggled it a certain way and gently set it down;then I got the other colors together. I never really got the red color channel, so it was only a passable presentation.

1) Is it almost certainly the apple adapter, or could it be the cable I was using? Maybe I need to tighten the heck out of it? I will try another classroom this evening; I'm only there once a week.
    2) Would Apple accept it if I took it to my local apple store, or does anyone know if I'd have to go back through Amazon?

Thank you for any advice!

2. Ledgem macrumors 65816

Ledgem

It could be either. You have the right idea to try another cable with the adapter. For what it's worth, I haven't noted any issues with projector or monitor VGA cables with my adapter. It doesn't feel tight when I make the connection.

Someone else might know, but I'm not sure. It might partly depend on which representative assists you. If you can easily get to an Apple store then you might as well try them first. If they can't help you, then you'll have to go through Amazon.