Lightroom 3 - $89: worth it?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by RWil85, Aug 24, 2010.

1. RWil85 macrumors 6502

I can get Lightroom 3 through Adobe.com with an educator discount for $89..

just wondering...for that price, it seems to be a no brainer..just looking to get some up-to-date info from current users as to whether or not I should pull the trigger on that deal?

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

It may depend on what kind of photography you're in? What camera do you use and how many pictures do you take per day or week?
    What workflow do you want to have?

I would buy Lightroom in a minute for that price and I don't even use that much right now.

3. RWil85 thread starter macrumors 6502

Recently got into photography and moved up from my p/s..picked up a D5000 DSLR..shoot a few hundred/week as i'm still reading/learning and getting into this hobby..

i dl'ed a trial on my mbp 13" and it seemed like a great program...uninstalled it though as I am about to switch out hdd's anyway and upgrade ram...will install whatever phto-edit software i decide on once hardware is upgraded..

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

For 90 bucks, its a great tool to organize, categorize and edit your images. I recommend it.

5. FourCandles macrumors 6502a

6. ksmith80209 macrumors 6502a

$89?!? I was happy paying $289 until just now...

7. kernkraft macrumors 68020

kernkraft

8. RWil85 thread starter macrumors 6502

thanks! the two combined make for limitless learning possibilities - i dig it.

9. RHVC59 macrumors 6502

You know with the education discount, you could pick-up both
    Lightroom 3 (Wonderful program) and Photoshop CS5 extended for less than the full $300 retail price of Lightroom 3...
    Well worth it!

Check out http://www.photoshopuser.com/lightroom3/ for a good idea of just how valuable a tool Lightroom can be.