Lightroom 3/ Viveza 2/ Capture NX question

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by dazed, Sep 14, 2010.

1. dazed macrumors 6502a

Hi,

I currently use both Capture nx2 and Lightroom 2. I bring my nefs into capture NX for some processing then save them and import into LR for any additional work.

This is a bit of a mess workflow wise and means i have nef files to maintain as well as all the images in the LR catalog.

I only use NX because i like the u points and it seemed to get better results from the nef files.

Now with LR3 and viveza 2 im wondering if i can finally get rid of NX and use LR3/viveza only.

Does anyone do this ? How well does LR handle nefs ? what would i be missing if i dropped NX ?

Thanks

2. RHVC59 macrumors 6502

I do not know NX, but I am very happy with the latest version of Adobe Camera Raw and the Noise handling ability of the latest version of LR and developing module are hard tools to beat...

3. ManhattanPrjct macrumors 6502

Nik Software makes both Viveza and CNX2, so they use a similar approach to the use of control points. Download the demo from their website and you'll see what I mean.

I think given how far ACR has come, and how motivated Adobe is to pushing it ahead of their competitors (and how unmotivated Nikon is in pushing Nik to clean up NX's host of glitches), it's worth considering just switching to LR3 completely.