Lightroom 4 original .icns

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by no1se, Dec 13, 2014.

1. no1se macrumors newbie

no1se

Hi guys,
    Not sure if it's the right place for it but I've just got a little bit of a question. If anybody has Adobe Lightroom 4 installed, can you please help me with sending the original .icns file (icon)? You can find it if you right-click Lightroom app, choose Show Package Contents, then head to Contents > Resources > App.icns .
    Thanks,
    n

2. jephotog macrumors newbie

I have LR 4 but am new to mac so don't even know enough to understand your question. Elaborate and maybe I can help you out.

I would assume you should be able to do any exporting of files within the program. Might be a better question for a photography specific forum, since they are experts in LR usage and most are using macs.

3. jephotog macrumors newbie

I found the files you are talking about. Once in applications you can either duplicate or copy this file and send it that way. Does that help?

What are these files for?

4. no1se thread starter macrumors newbie

no1se

http://imgur.com/7V4hSVE,mJG2wDF,4ri4tUT,XuVhUDx#0

Here I have the sequence of actions to locate the icon. After that you may upload App.icns somewhere (e.g. CloudApp). I would be really thankful if you do.

P.S. On the screenshots I got Lightroom 5, but I'm in need of the icon from Lightroom 4.

5. jephotog macrumors newbie

I am still not sure what you are trying to do, or even what the icons are for.

Are these the thumbnails made by LR 4 and you want to export it to LR5?

6. no1se thread starter macrumors newbie

no1se

Roughly speaking, I'm trying to replace the native LR 5 icon with the one from LR 4.

7. jephotog macrumors newbie

Okay I understand now.

Maybe we can switch serial numbers. You can use my LR4 s.n. and I will use your LR5:p I have been waiting for LR6 to come out upgrade. I believe I will benefit from LR5 but won't spend the money when LR6 comes out in March.

Send me a PM with your email and I will send you the Icon. Although I am at a loss for why you would want to show the LR4 icon on start up.

8. no1se thread starter macrumors newbie

no1se

Thank you so much, I've received the icon. Works perfectly fine.

The reason why I wanted to do this is because I've got Creative Suite 6 installed, and Lightroom 5's icon just looks inconsistent alongside CS6, but LR4's one is of the same style.

You may lock the topic.