LightRoom 5 alongside LR 4: possible issues?

sash

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 23, 2004
Hi,

I'm about to install LightRoom 5. Is there any possibility of corrupting my existing LR 4 library?

Thanks!

Edge100

macrumors 68000
May 14, 2002
Where am I???
Hi,

I'm about to install LightRoom 5. Is there any possibility of corrupting my existing LR 4 library?

Thanks!
No. However, you can't import your LR4 catalog into LR5 beta, so it's really more for testing out on specific images, rather than replacing LR4 per se.

OreoCookie

macrumors 68030
Apr 14, 2001
Sendai, Japan
Adobe is quite clever (and prudent) here: they disable any way to migrate your existing LR library when they release a public beta. They force people to create a new one and actively discourage them from using the beta in production. Your existing library is safe.

snberk103

macrumors 603
Oct 22, 2007
An Island in the Salish Sea
Also ---- the Lr5b catalogue can't be exported and then re-imported back into Lr4 should you start a project and then decide to move that project to Lr4. I assume you can export the final images and import those into Lr4... but I haven't tried.

I have found an oddity in the Develop module where on occassion I get the zoom icon (and functionality) instead of the localized masking brush. Other than I haven't found any problems. Though I haven't really pushing it hard.