LightRoom 5 alongside LR 4: possible issues?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by sash, May 13, 2013.

1. sash macrumors 6502a

sash

Hi,

I'm about to install LightRoom 5. Is there any possibility of corrupting my existing LR 4 library?

Thanks!

2. Edge100 macrumors 68000

No. However, you can't import your LR4 catalog into LR5 beta, so it's really more for testing out on specific images, rather than replacing LR4 per se.

3. sash thread starter macrumors 6502a

sash

4. OreoCookie macrumors 68030

Adobe is quite clever (and prudent) here: they disable any way to migrate your existing LR library when they release a public beta. They force people to create a new one and actively discourage them from using the beta in production. Your existing library is safe.

5. snberk103 macrumors 603

Also ---- the Lr5b catalogue can't be exported and then re-imported back into Lr4 should you start a project and then decide to move that project to Lr4. I assume you can export the final images and import those into Lr4... but I haven't tried.

I have found an oddity in the Develop module where on occassion I get the zoom icon (and functionality) instead of the localized masking brush. Other than I haven't found any problems. Though I haven't really pushing it hard.