Lightroom 6 Leaked at "Best Buy"

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by colorspace, Mar 20, 2015.

1. colorspace macrumors 6502

Didn't stay up for long but Best Buy had Lightroom 6 for pre-order on their website a couple of days ago. All the remains is a thumbnail of the product as well as an SKU# (8236055):

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/photoshop-lightroom-6-windowsmac/8236055.p

While still up it was priced at $149.

Santa, please, please let it have an improved/streamlined GUI and MUCH better browsing and preview performance!! Daddy needs him an Aperture replacement :)

2. VirtualRain macrumors 603

VirtualRain

LOL... while I wish for it too, the first is very unlikely. Photoshop's interface is largely unchanged after 25 years, so I don't have high hopes for LR.

3. FredT2 macrumors 6502

I wish I still had the Lightroom 1 beta around, which was nine years ago, but as I recall it looked just like the current version minus new features. Photoshop from 25 years ago does look a little different:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtA46JT2q_0

I will be very surprised if there are any interface changes in Lightroom 6.

4. Robotti macrumors regular

Robotti

That was fun :). I'd like to try PS 1 myself, but it seems to be a bit difficult to compile and run with a modern toolset, even though they released the source code.

5. Traverse macrumors 604

Traverse

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Me too, but I thought the rumor was the 25th, so we'll probably have to wait until Wednesday.

7. Razeus macrumors 603

Seems like they are going to price it such that you might as well get the subscription.

8. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

If it is $149 are you saying you may as well get the subscription? If so, why? I would pay $149 for not having to pay a monthly fee. I'm working towards getting rid of random monthly fees and I don't want LR to be another. Now that Aperture is out, LR is definitely a purchase I need to make in the near future.

9. Razeus macrumors 603

Why pay $150, when you can pay $120?

10. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Is the 150 the upgrade cost?

I'll say it this way, why pay 240, when you can pay 150. If you don't upgrade every version or if Adobe doesn't release it every year then the buying the box set makes more sense (provided you don't need photoshop).

11. MCAsan macrumors 601

MCAsan

My upgrade from LR 4 to 5 was $79. That seems to be the likely cost for the upgrade from LR 5 to 6. The price for a new LR license will be around $150.

And if you have LR older than LR 5....you will not likely get LR 6 for the upgrade price. Adobe stopped letting folks skip a release or two and still get upgrade prices when they do decide to buy.

But all that, as they say, is old news.

12. FredT2 macrumors 6502

Schewe says:

13. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

14. Traverse macrumors 604

Traverse

Maybe the 25th?

I'm itching to import my RAWs and start a real library. :(

15. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Ahh, I did not know Adobe stopped allowing people to use the upgrade price on older versions.

16. MCAsan macrumors 601

MCAsan

They did that on the Photoshop side in 2012. But on the LR side you could upgrade to LR 5 from any previous version. So with the question is....will only LR 5 upgrade to LR 6?

I guess we may find out for sure by the end of this week.