Lightroom full screen editing?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by mfacey, Apr 8, 2007.

1. mfacey macrumors 65816

mfacey

I've started to play around with Lightroom. I gave up on Aperture as it my mac really can't handle it. Its just too processor/graphics intensive!

Anyway, I can't figure out a way to get pictures to show in full screen like in iPhoto. Not only is that a really great way to browse through the library (instead of building a slideshow), but its also really nice for editing. Does anybody know if Lightroom has this option and, if so, how to activate it?

2. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

While this isn't as "full" as Aperture's full screen option, I just press the TAB button once (or twice) to get rid of the side panels, and press the "f" key twice to fill the entire window.

Since I always have the top panel and the bottom filmstrip panel hidden away, pressing TAB clears every panel from the screen. You get a lot of screen space that way. Pressing "f" twice is great as well. No window edges. :)

3. mfacey thread starter macrumors 65816

mfacey

hmmm... I guess that's a pretty reasonable alternative. Its actually quite useful to be able to call up the menus left and right with one touch of a button. Maybe LR 2.0 will bring true full screen editing!

4. M@lew macrumors 68000

M@lew

You can go to Window and in there look for the options where you can have Normal, Full screen with Menu Bar or just Full Screen.