Lightroom/Photoshop on rMBP 13 2013

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by wisann, Dec 19, 2013.

1. wisann macrumors newbie

Hi guys,

Do any of you use Lightroom/Photoshop extensively on rMBP 13 2013? Any chance I can request for a video of lightroom/photoshop being used on rMBP 13 2013? I am currently considering to purchase rMBP 13 for editing works on Lightroom/Photoshop when I am overseas, but reading through forums, a lot of people mentioned about UI lag on the rMBP 13. I have been trying to go to the stores to check it out but most stores are still displaying rMBP 13 non-haswell version hence I can't really gauge how is the performance.

Thanks much :)

2. MCAsan macrumors 601

MCAsan

Our rMBPs are our only computers and we plan to keep them for 3 years of AppleCare. So we wanted quad core, 16GB of memory, and largest SSD which was 756GB at the time. We use LaCie 2Bigs for library storage with Time Capsule backups.

We have 15" rMBPs we take on multi weeks trips, domestically and internationally. For that reason, I would not want less screen than 15" Retina. The screen is a good size and resolution to do initial culling and editing. Final editing is done back home on calibrated 27" ATD.