Lightscribe Software

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Freis968, Mar 14, 2009.

1. Freis968 macrumors 6502a

Freis968

I just purchased the Samsung Lightscribe CD/DVD writer from OWC and it came with a trial version of Disc Label. They want $35 for the non-watermarked version.

Does anyone have a recommendation for some FREE or cheap lightscribe software that will work with this drive?

Here is the link for it...http://eshop.macsales.com/item/Samsung/SHS222NBLS/

2. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

Well the Lightscribe company site has some that you can download free at this page. Pretty simple, but the price is in your range.;)

3. Freis968 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Freis968

I was thinking more in the terms of printing with pictures...this is a simple text program.

When I purchased the Lightscribe drive I was given the impression that it came with a Lightscribe label program included. Well, it did it was just that you have to pay $35 for it.

Thanks for the info.

4. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

What is crazy about that is that right now Epson has their R280 printer on sale for $59- so for a mere $25 dollars more you could get a complete printer that does full color/fast excellent quality printing directly on printable disks instead of doing the monochrome LightScribe method!

I've used all the Epsons that do direct to disk printing (including the R280) and I sure would not give up full color high resolution edge-to-edge printing myself- but to each their own!;)

Hope you find something that works good for you!

5. Pomeroy macrumors 6502

Pomeroy

6. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says....there is also Lacie's lightscribe software - it's simple and basic but does the job, I use it with photos all the time. It should work with most drives even though it says it is for Lacie stuff (mine is not and it's fine)....oh yeah!