Lightweight iMac rival

Discussion in 'iMac' started by marcelmfa, Jun 15, 2012.

1. marcelmfa macrumors member

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I saw that.

I'm not sold Vizio can produce quality computers. Plus it runs windows so how much of a rival will it be. To Dell, gateway maybe but not directly to apple imo.

3. Occamsrazr macrumors 6502

1) it looks horrible
    2) it runs windows

how does it compete with iMac?

4. forty2j macrumors 68030

forty2j

Gotta give them credit for trying. It's at least a better comparison to the iMac than the Z1 or the Dell.

Best available video card is the 640M though. Not interested, even if I was willing to put up with Windows.

HDMI-in is a nice touch though..

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

That makes sense because they also sell TVs and this computer is slanted towards multimedia.

6. vastoholic macrumors 68000

vastoholic

It doesn't look bad guys. If they would have integrated the speakers into main body then I would truly call it an all in one. I think it's very sleek for a windows based machine. I actually like how all the ports are on the base instead of the back of the monitor like the iMac, giving you a little more chance to keep wires completely hidden.

7. TMRaven macrumors 68020

TMRaven

I can't wait to see apple work their magic on the next iMacs considering what they've done engineering wise with that new macbook pro.

8. MonkeySee.... macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

That thing you linked should not be considered a rival, sorry.

9. marcelmfa thread starter macrumors member

Its yours point of view, then dont generalize.

It's run Windows, because I THINK that only Apple can sell computers with MAC OS, or that vendor need pay royalities.

I didn't understant why some guys replied with a nerdrage. I told that a lightweight, then don't wait a TOP Ivy Bridge Processor, 16 Gb RAM, 2 GPU GFX 680M, etc.

I think interesting when appear any rival, because competition it's very good for customers. Even if Vizio don't represent a real competitor.

10. JBazz macrumors 6502

I think that is a beautiful, unique desktop. Not an all-in-one though.

Apple use to be the unique one among clones. Now they are the wall flowers. I go shopping now and so many other companies are making some beautiful machines. Samsungs series 9 laptops are stunning.

I have never been a fan of Apples black glass and aluminum look. Now several years in it is just boring and tiresome to me.

11. marcelmfa thread starter macrumors member

Your understanding about any subject is terrible.
    1) Same objective = they are personal computers for personal use.
    2) Same field = computers.
    3) Lightweight efforts that Vizio has minor hardware than iMac.

12. user418 macrumors 6502a

user418

Being somewhat of a neat freak I don't really care for the external speakers. As noted above I like the idea of having all the ports in the base of the unit. I like to hide as many cables as possible and avoid as much clutter as possible. That being said, I plan to stick with my iMac for now. Hope the rumors of a newer model coming soon are true. My son gets my 2011 model and I get the new one!!

13. MonkeySee.... macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

Haha....wait....what? :confused:

14. LaunchpadBS macrumors 6502a

15. Melbourne Park macrumors 6502

Which is why you lurk in Mac forums all the time.

16. JBazz macrumors 6502

I have been a member for years. You have been here months. LOL

I come here when I have an issue or when I am considering a purchase. Other than that this forum is just not a place I would spend much time on. People are so emotional and confrontational. It reminds me of a rehab session. :rolleyes: Say one thing and there is someone to misinterpret/get offended/pop off. All over someone else's opinion of personal electronics? :confused:

17. Beau beau macrumors newbie

That would probably be what you want in a new I mac. Besides the looks, it could be a copy of the new iMac we've been predicting, what if... That is what apple were planning to realese at wwdc and this cheap copy hit the market first? Apple couldn't possibly release the iMac then and are replanning, possibly bumping something else in. The only difference in my opinion is the OS and apples awesome displays.

18. russofris macrumors regular

And the video card (640m "LE", the "LE" is important)
    And the 5400rpm hdd

The only thing that the Vizio has that the mac doesn't is an HDMI-IN, which would make it easy to plug your gaming console or cable receiver into the back of it. Aside from that, it's not even close to matching an iMac.

19. bogatyr macrumors 65816

And the support. Can I take the Vizio down the street and have it repaired same day if something goes wrong? Apple's support has been excellent compared to most other brands. The only other company I've had nothing but good experiences with is Lenovo - but they don't have a store 10 miles from my house or across the street from where I work.

20. iMacFarlane macrumors 65816

iMacFarlane

Shouldn't this thing be called an "All-in-two" or maybe "Half-in-one, half-in-the-other"?

What IS that trapezoidal pencil sharpener thing next to the monitor? Is that the CPU? Subwoofer? Drive enclosure? Something to draw your eye away from the 27" monitor with 1920x1080 resolution?