Lightweight open phones for Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Sesshi, Jul 21, 2008.

1. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

Which aren't Grado's - i.e are comfortable for long-term wearing. I'm looking for something easy to throw on, comfy, decent sounding, not huge, reasonably durable, and with *no* isolation which suits the phone-jack characteristics of the Touch.

Just want an alternative to closed phones/IEM's for walking around, sitting in the office, etc when I don't or can't resort to full-blown computer-based listening.

Budget, whatever fits the bill really - but I'd say as a guideline under a thousand. And once again, no Grados. What would you recommend?

2. antmo macrumors member

both sennheiser px100 and koss porta-pro are excellent light-weight, inexpensive headphones (both are around $50 new, but can be found for less) and are relatively easy to drive (so they will sound good directly out of the touch without an external amp).

if you want lots of info about headphones, i suggest going over to head-fi.org and doing some reading... anything and everything you ever wanted to know about headphones (and associated equipment) can be found over there...

mjb

3. Sesshi thread starter macrumors G3

Sesshi

I'd forgotten about the PX100 - Perhaps I should grab a pair. Anything else higher quality that anyone can throw in?

Head-Fi? Having thought about it, I've never received a recommendation that actually fits my bill there - only what people think I should have regardless of the needs I put down. I guess it's a bit like monitors and advice for potential switchers here :D I was looking for the 'casual user's opinion' to see if that would bring up something decent.