Like a few others, do I buy now or later?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Zakoth, Feb 24, 2012.

1. Zakoth macrumors member

I'm going to be buying a 15" MBP and I'm not sure if I should buy now or when the 2012 model comes out.

I want ivy bridge but the only issue is I don't like how it's supposedly going to become more Air like as I dislike the Air design.

How powerful is the current MBP 15" 2.2GHz? The most demanding tasks I will do is play a game like Minecraft or World of Warcraft.

2. HeadGear macrumors member

3. Jare macrumors 65816

Jare

A simple look at the Buyers Guide would give you the EXACT same answers we'd give you in a thread.

It's not rocket science.

4. kywildcats macrumors member

I opted to go ahead and buy it now. I ordered it about a week ago and might possibly be getting it today. The reason I went ahead and ordered was because I wanted the Hi-Res AG screen. I have been looking at MBP for awhile now and never saw the older models on macmall or anything come with an upgraded screen. I also have a ton of cds that I wanted to rip into iTunes. With the possibility (and more than likely) of the ODD being removed from the 2012 MBP the ODD was something that I was wanting/needing right now. My truck currently does not have a way for me to connect my iPod so cd is the only way to listen to my music while driving. If an upgraded screen or ODD is something that you want/need then you should probably go ahead and get them now. If they aren't a factor then wait and see if you like the new design. If you don't then you can get a current model for cheaper.

5. vsound macrumors newbie

I just purchased my first Mac today. 15" MacBook Pro.

I bought it with my tax return, so I had a few weeks to ponder over whether to buy now or wait. Ultimately, this is a desktop replacement for me that can go portable when I need it to. I am completely satisfied with the MBP's current form factor for that, so I saw no need to wait.

6. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

your shouldnt rely on others to make guesses for you, will the 2012 be better than the 2011? maybe thats the intent with all technology its intent is to improve when something new comes out but that is no gaurantee.

i dont play those games but ive seen threads where people say they play those games on current MBPs

7. Medic278 macrumors 6502a

Medic278

Buy now. The current generation are awesome machines. Any current gen machine will serve your needs just as well as the next gen as there is any earth shattering improvements coming its not like going from Power PC to Intel. That being said, if you knew there was an abundance of these forums why did you feel it was needed to create yet another? Couldn't you have just read one of the others, I mean after all those of us that even respond to these anymore usually echo our previous posts so really any other thread would be a good indication of what we would have responded here.

8. Krazy Bill macrumors 68030

Krazy Bill

I'd wait. Put the money in the bank now to earn interest and basically get a free one in 2036.