Like My Tattoo?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by OnlyOneThatEver, Feb 25, 2009.

1. OnlyOneThatEver macrumors member

I was thinking of getting a tattoo of this behind my neck(without the text). Starting at my hairline going halfway down my back. It will also say "fly like paper, get high like planes" from the song Paper Planes by M.I.A down the side. Is this girly or stupid?

[​IMG]

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Honestly, if you are so concerned with the design that you have to ask, chances are you'll hate it in a few weeks/months/years. I believe tattoos are supposed to be very personal to the person getting them. Regardless of what they say to others, it is important that it says something to you. If it is girlie or not, it shouldn't really matter much as I would hope the design and words mean something to you and they're not just some phase you're going thru.

I like the design, dunno about the bottom. I am however female and that may or may not tell you something.

3. OnlyOneThatEver thread starter macrumors member

its supposed to mean fly high, reach for the stars, and go far.

4. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

I don't understand why people get tattoo's on their neck or back, or any place they cannot see them easily. If I ever decide to get a tattoo, I'm definitely putting it somewhere I can look at it without contorting in front of a mirror.
    I like the design and the sentiment. Honestly though, if you have to ask what other people think of it you might want to re-think whether it is really what you want to have on your body permanently.

5. gmecca2 macrumors regular

The quote to go along with it is dumb.

The tattoo I like because I have a thing for solid black bird outlines on shirts and drawings.

6. mgguy macrumors 6502

mgguy

I think it is visually too busy, there are too many small pieces to it, and it is hard to make out what each piece is (only the largest one or two birds being recognized as birds upon first glance). I also don't like the big block of ink from which the birds emerge--it carries far too much visual weight and overpowers the small birds. The image just isn't unified and is imbalanced. I also think it is a bit dainty for a man, but that is just my opinion.

7. brendanryder macrumors 6502a

brendanryder

Wow, you must really care what people think if you want to make sure other people like it.

A tattoo is permanent, so when your 80 years old and you dont smoke weed anymore or listen to MIA.

Think about it, and dont ask ANYONES opinion on if they like it, or think it was cool. That just shows its not personal, you just want to be with the whole new tattoo crowd.

8. Mr. Giver '94 macrumors 68000

Mr. Giver '94

Sorry if I'm insulting you, but I really don't care for tattoos. Like others have said, they are permanent. Old people with tattoos are really nasty looking especially if they have their whole arm or something as a 'canvas.'

If you don't already have a tattoo, I wouldn't recommend it. If you are already into it, maybe get something smaller in a less noticeable place.

Btw if you aren't already employed at your "career job" and are looking to apply for a position in the future, many employers won't be happy if they can see your neck tattoo.

One last thing... If you aren't married and straight, most potential mother-in-laws won't approve of your body art.

9. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

the attitude about tattoo's is changing fast. I have noticed new tattoos on people over 60 years old. newer tattoo ink does not get as ugly as it used too as long as you don't expose it to lots of sun.
    but if you have to ask about the tattoo it may not be what you want.

10. gadgetgirl85 macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

I agree with all points made here