Like Spotify, you CAN'T order playlists by recently added first on iOS - FAIL

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by dannys1, Jul 1, 2015.

1. dannys1 Suspended

dannys1

Why, oh why is not the first thing Spotify or Apple added to playlist management?! I assumed that Apple would get this right, but nope, its just the same as Spotify. At least on Spotify you can "sometimes/erratically" sort by most recent first, but then it forget it again next time.

Both want to do, oldest track at the top and allow you to do a random order.

If you're collating a list of tracks, why on earth would you want it to start with oldest first and have no other way to easily organise it? I can do it on desktop iTunes, so why can't I do it on iOS?? I don't want to have to scroll to the bottom and then manually press on each track to play it backwards. Surely if presented with a play of a type of music, music for a purpose, or a collection of new or favourite tracks, everybody wants the most recent one added to the top so when they press play it starts newest first, right??!

2. Paradoxally macrumors 65816

The thing with playlists is that most people just click shuffle.

3. flur macrumors 68000

Yes, but with some lists, like the "Recently Added" smartlist, it makes sense that the most recently added would be at the top and that you'd want to play them in order. Instead Apple adds them to the bottom, so if I want to listen to what I just downloaded, I have to start the list at the bottom.

4. dannys1 thread starter Suspended

dannys1

Exactly. I understand shuffle works quite often, but I get bored of "favourite" music very quickly so i've always had a faves list and I'll want to hear the new songs first.

I still can't think why anyone would want the oldest track first, surely it should newest first in every playlist, then shuffle doesn't matter and if you want a specific order you manually move it. If any option should be left out. Oldest at the top would be the one.

My new pet hate is  Music thinks it's been clever by hiding the remixers name in a song title, so now I get 4 different versions of a track with the song title the same on everyone and no way to tell them apart. No idea why it does it, i've watched it hide them even, and yet leave them on other tracks, if you try to share the track the remixer name appears in the share sheet! If you go back to the release page on New there are the remix names again, what on earth Apple?!