Like the fuel gauge on empty...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mb25667, Sep 28, 2010.

1. mb25667 macrumors member

How long can we go? lol

Just an experiment I'm doing.

Not using my 3GS...so I loaded 4.1 on it, fully charged it, adjusted the icons and stuff, turned off everything, turned airplane mode on, and let it sit to see how long the battery would last.

Up to over 20 days so far...usage was just me adjusting settings, the home screen, background, and then checking the % usually every day.

Took a pic with the iphone4 so I didn't have to enable wifi on the 3GS and set up a mail account....or plug it in and have it show the "iphone has been plugged in" message, lol

Attached Files:

2. english06 macrumors member

Wow, that actually is pretty decent standby time (signal or not).

3. Allan in T.Dot macrumors member

That is pretty impressive. But then again...you're barely using the smartphone features like calling, email, etc. So all in all...my phone gets 2-days worth of usage using the phone, checking email several times throughout the day, using bluetooth....

4. Amino Man macrumors 6502

I had my first gen iPhone go for 29 days on standby and it had 2.5 hours of usage.

That was back in the 2.x days though.

5. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Really shows how great these batteries are and how much power all those bells and whistles we love actually use up!

Pretty amazing.

6. mad-dog-one macrumors 6502

Of course, it all changes when you decide to use your phone.

7. vizkiz macrumors 6502a

vizkiz

I think it would be a more useful experiment if the cell signal was on. Even if it's on Edge, as long as you can make and receive calls, it would be a good indicator for everyone.

8. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I did much the same thing on my 3G, 15 days on airplane mode with 50% battery left. However, I did this to post when certain posters post how great their battery is when clearly they aren't using the phone.

9. mb25667 thread starter macrumors member

true, but the sim was deactivated when i upgraded to the iphone4