LIKE THE Mcbook, hate the trackpad

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by RUGGLES99, Sep 27, 2015.

1. RUGGLES99 macrumors 6502

I've found the new trackpad with the hokey force touch thing-a-ma-gig to be imprecise, frustrating to use, difficult to place the cursor, jumps around, etc. Im not saying it's defective, it's not. i've set all the proper preferences, too, so don't advise. I'm just saying it's not as good as the standard mac trackpad that I have on my mba 2014 11" or my MBP 2010, or the bluetooth TP I use with my desktop mac mini. Force touch is totally meaningless, doesn't work with Pages, or Word, or even The New York Times from my experience. It's just another Apple marketing ploy. I'm sure all the fanboys will attack this, but who really cares.

2. ixxx69 macrumors 6502a

A lot of that has to do with your consistently poor attitude and the way you antagonistic way you express your criticisms.

I'm really liking my rMB... typing this on a lovely Sunday morning... from bed. I do find the trackpad a little jumpy when typing anyplace where the MB isn't on a traditional desk/table. The pad is so large that it's easy for my palms to brush the trackpad and jump the cursor. Can be pretty annoying sometimes. I'm making more of an effort to keep my palms from touching the trackpad, maybe it will become less of an issue.

The rest of your rant seems to be that force touch is a gimmick. Other than the "click" action, which works amazing IMO, I haven't really tried the other force touch features... but whether they ultimately prove useful or not, not sure that's a reason to dislike the trackpad. Just don't use that feature?

p.s. - not trying to play spelling police, but only because it took several readings to figure out what you meant... it's "thingamajig", all one word, "jig" being a device. ;)

3. RUGGLES99 thread starter macrumors 6502

take a look at the lead of your comment and tell me who needs some editing police. what a poor arrogant attitude you have, and soooo antagonistic. but tnx for the spelling of thinga etc etc. i'll probably never use it again in my life. now go back to bed with your rmb.

4. Macalway macrumors 68000

There's bound to be those that don't like something.

I believe though, that this particular group is small

5. TheMacApple macrumors regular

I've got a 14 model with out but wondering if you can shut it off in settings?