Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pectin232

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 22, 2008
need to get one but problem is I heard that during September newer versions might be released with newer features, blah... should I take the plunge to get it now or play the waiting game? Will the next version come with a camera or mic at least? maybe not?

.Andy

macrumors 68030
Jul 18, 2004
The Mergui Archipelago
Up to you. No one knows for sure that there will be a revision, or in fact has any idea on what the revision might be beyond speculation. If you need it now, are happy with the price and are happy with the hardware go for it. If not hold off.

avigalante

macrumors 6502
Feb 18, 2007
New York City
need to get one but problem is I heard that during September newer versions might be released with newer features, blah... should I take the plunge to get it now or play the waiting game? Will the next version come with a camera or mic at least? maybe not?

No.

The only possible new feature is the addition of volume buttons on the side, but other than that there's not much to add to the iPod Touch.

Adding a camera and mic would fuse the lines between iPod and iPhone a bit too much.

And as the person above said: if you need one, get one; if you're content in waiting, then wait.

techlover828

macrumors 68020
Jun 28, 2007
Maine
no one knows for sure, I'd be surprised if we don't see an update in september. Probably an internal speaker for all the 3rd party apps that use sound. And at the same time we're likely going to see the 16gb become the low end model and the 8gb discontinued, as well as the 32 coming down to $400. Doubt we'll see a 64gb but anythings possible. If you do buy now, I'd recommend getting a refurbished one as they're only $200 for 8gb and $300 for 16gb. So most likely if you wait your going to get the same price as refurb, higher resale value, and probably some new features. So unless you need it, I'd wait.

Good luck :)

bc008

macrumors 68000
Aug 6, 2007
Michigan
no one knows for sure, I'd be surprised if we don't see an update in september. Probably an internal speaker for all the 3rd party apps that use sound. And at the same time we're likely going to see the 16gb become the low end model and the 8gb discontinued, as well as the 32 coming down to $400. Doubt we'll see a 64gb but anythings possible. If you do buy now, I'd recommend getting a refurbished one as they're only $200 for 8gb and $300 for 16gb. So most likely if you wait your going to get the same price as refurb, higher resale value, and probably some new features. So unless you need it, I'd wait.

Good luck :)

i took the refurb route last night, and just to help support the OP's decision, the iPod touch is designed for software upgrades, not hardware. their really isnt much they can do besides price shifts/capacity changes

you can touch yourself whenever you want. you dont have to wait untill september

LOLOLOL

Attachments

• bg_logitech02.gif
    bg_logitech02.gif
    89.3 KB · Views: 64

JML42691

macrumors 68020
Oct 24, 2007
Go for it now, in means of new features, there isn't much for now, as others have said, probably the 16GB for $299, the 32GB for $399 and possibly (though unlikely) a 64GB for $499. And the only real feature that I can think of would be an exterior speaker for apps. And other than a slight facelift, I don't think that there is much that they can change. I say go for it now.

you can touch yourself whenever you want. you dont have to wait untill september
haha, I got through the first 3 replies didn't see anybody make the comment yet, but you beat me too it. "What is this iTouch that you speak of?"

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.