Likelihood of another sim change in iPhone 8?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AppleFanBoii, Feb 11, 2017.

1. AppleFanBoii macrumors regular

AppleFanBoii

So throughout the years we've had the big sim, the Micro sim and now the Nano sim, are we in for another sim change this edition of iPhone?

Im asking this question because, I'm a Sim Only phone plan user as i purchase the iPhone unlocked from Apple every year, now I'm looking to change my network provider, but I'm concerned that i'l be stung if i do it now? If Apple decide to intro a built in sim?

Thoughts anyone?

2. Stevessvt macrumors 6502

There's something smaller than a nano sim? Because they aren't going bigger.

3. rbrian macrumors 6502a

rbrian

The nano sim is already a bit too small for people with fat fingers to handle, and there's very little plastic surrounding the metal, so I doubt there will ever be a smaller one.

Apple wanted a software sim, but the carriers weren't having it. In time that will probably happen, but not this year.

4. m4v3r1ck macrumors 68020

m4v3r1ck

How about a 'backed-in' sim running verification from (I)SP on the SSID/IMEI numbers? That would be nice and convenient.

Cheers

5. Macman45 macrumors G5

Macman45

It'd have to be software or stick. There's a limit to the spacing between the contacts and the nano sim has reached that. I've had the same one since they were introduced. Only comes out of the phone to upgrade and then it just gets a wipe. I'm happy but I'm on a carrier only plan too. I just don't change my phone that often. 3,3G,4,4S,5,5S,6plus and now 7plus so only those phones that use the tiny sim count.