Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JenovaStark

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 20, 2013
I'm on the fence about getting an iPhone and I'm wondering how delayed the shipment date will become if I wait. Is it likely to get pushed back several months and into 2014? I know this is anyone's guess but I thought maybe some of the veterans members of this forum might be able to speculate.

Xerotech

macrumors 6502
Jul 22, 2011
Ordered 1-minute ago and got quoted by Verizon for 9/24.
Last year I got mine on release date ordering around the same time.
Ordering directly through Apple may have a bit of lag compared to certain carriers. I received mine well before a lot of people who ordered midnight through Apple.

As for supplies it should come back within 5-6 weeks. The 5 for my brother came in 1 month after me and that was pre-ordering one day later.

Italianblend

macrumors 68000
Mar 21, 2011
Fatima
I would think after a month it would catch up. I very much doubt you'd have to wait until 2014. I'm guessing in November you can waltz into an apple store and grab whatever you want.

*~Kim~*

macrumors 65816
May 6, 2013
UK
Hoping it won't be any later than November. Dealt with the Christmas rush for my 4 and I don't want to be doing that again. Decided this morning to definitely upgrade, but part of me would be thinking wait for the 6 if the delivery slipped into 2014. Have to get the money out of savings first, so can't order right away.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I agree that by November 1 you should be able to get one easily, if not sooner. Supply seems to be much better with every release.

JenovaStark

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 20, 2013
That's good news because November was actually when I was thinking of getting one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.