Likeliness of seeing these updates on low end MacBook

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by BigMac Pro, Jun 7, 2008.

1. BigMac Pro macrumors newbie

So i'm thinking about buying a MB but there are two things that are tickling me. First the resolution of 1280x800, second the "superdrive". I see that on all MBs the resolution is the same so there's no way to pick a more expensive model to overcome this (not considering MBP). With the superdrive however i could go for the next model in the range, although i don't really need the higher specs of the other components and thus - you'd guessed it - rather save $200.

What's the likeliness there will be a higher resolution option on MB some day relatively soon? Will a vid upgrade on MB imply a reso upgrade as well or is that out of the question on a 13" screen?

Is there a possibility that Apple wakes up and realiases it's 2008 and drop the superdrive in favour of combos? That's like $10 on construction or something.. :rolleyes:

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

You don't really want a much resolution on 13". The Combo Drive is here to stay.

A video upgrade will not mean display upgrade.

3. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Don't forget the MB is a consumer mainstream priced notebook; by putting an expensive high resolution panel in the 13" model they are 1) Jeopardizing sales of the 15" of people who want the higher resolution; 2) It makes no economical sense; 3) People will get even more confused.

It would interesting if they dropped the Superdrive and used only Combos ;)

4. BigMac Pro thread starter macrumors newbie

Sounds reasonable. Think i'll be making my decision after next weeks' Mac event :D