Likely fix for screen burn in?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by celticfc482, Nov 4, 2013.

1. celticfc482 macrumors member

I got my 15" rMBP last november and the screen burn in is getting quite bad, staying on the screen for quite some time before it disappears. If I take it to an apple store, will they fix it or replace my laptop. Also if they fix it, is it then likely to happen again?

Thanks

2. celticfc482 thread starter macrumors member

3. iPersian macrumors regular

theyll replace it. and in almost all cases you wont have a burn in. specially if it gets replaced with a samsung display and not lg.

4. Tomasmekean macrumors member

Took mine in today for the ghosting, and a dead pixel. The apple Genius ran two tests, and then setup the repair. Apple knows that they have an issue, and seem happy to fix it for people that need it.

5. iPersian macrumors regular

is it a late 2013 model or an earlier one?

6. celticfc482 thread starter macrumors member

7. JD92 macrumors 6502a

JD92

I'm guessing from your nickname on the forum you'll be going to one of the Glasgow Apple Stores ;) - when I went into the Buchanan Street Genius Bar for this they replaced the screen and it took a couple of days to get it back. My understanding is that the model of LG screen which was responsible for the image retention problems is no longer in use by Apple, so your replacement will likely be absolutely fine.

8. thedarkhorse macrumors 6502a

as easily as replacing the screen.

9. celticfc482 thread starter macrumors member

Ah thanks, will just need to find a time I can do without my laptop for a couple of days then I guess.

10. Tomasmekean macrumors member

Mid 2012 - My LG screen was replaced with a Samsung. I received the item back on Friday the 8th. Then was on vacation, and just got back to respond.