Likely to be a Magic Mouse update in the next 6 months?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Ash9414, Apr 30, 2010.

1. Ash9414 macrumors 6502

I am looking to get a 13" MBP within the next 4-5 months, and will probably also end up buying a Magic Mouse as I will be using it on a desk most of the time. However, I want to know if they are going to update their mice, and if so, does anyone have any ideas about them?

2. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

lets see:

Apple pro mouse: 2000
    Apple Wireless mouse: 2003
    Mighty Mouse: 2005 (2006 for wireless)
    Magic Mouse: 2009

i'd say that you're safe, if past history is anything to go by.

3. Ash9414 thread starter macrumors 6502

Ok cool. Looks like i'm stuck with BTT and Magic Prefs for two years until they release a new one. Does the mouse get uncomfortable after long periods of time of using it because of it's flat design?

4. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

i've had mine since december and i've yet to feel any discomfort, although of course everyone has different hands. i would try it out in store and see how it feels in your hand. you can use any mouse in the end, you're not restricted to Apple's offerings, and while its hard to find nice BT mice these days, at least logitech has the nano receiver for most of their mice now.

5. Ash9414 thread starter macrumors 6502

The last time I went to the Apple Store there were only Apple wired mice connected to the iMacs so I don't know if you can actually try them out or not (I guess they're pretty easy to steal because they're Bluetooth).

6. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

the last time i was at the apple store here, they had the magic mice tethered to security devices. i suppose it depends on the store location and all of that. :confused:

7. Jaro65 macrumors 68040

Jaro65

After having used all kinds of Logitech mice over the number of years, I am actually quite surprised how the shape of the Magic Mouse is not bothering me at all. I use my computer very extensively, and while the Magic Mouse doesn't seem very ergonomic, my wrist has certainly not been complaining. This is the first Apple mouse I kept, and I'm completely happy with my decision.

8. natewsmith macrumors regular

It took me a little while to get used to it but now I love it like I thought I would. It's very comfortable.

the old mouse feels weird now..