Likelyhood Apple will Fix Canadian Pricing with New Iphone??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Thardus, Sep 7, 2017.

1. Thardus macrumors newbie

What do you all think the chances are Apple will fix their Canadian Prices with the release of the new iphone? Canadian Dollar has improved a lot this year (currently at $1.22 US) but Canadian Apple Prices are around 35%-40% more expensive than in the US

Current Iphone 7 Plus 32gb in Canada: $1049
    Same phone in US: $769

$769 x 1.22 (Current exchange rate) = $938.... Thats $111 more expensive than in US, even assuming $1.25 exchange rate the phone is roughly $90 more expensive.

Is it likely that Apple adjusts their Canadian pricing with the release of the new Iphone or they likely to stick with the same?

2. profets macrumors 601

I’m curious to see this as well.

Media going crazy about $1000 phones, yet we’ve been paying that since 2014 when the 6 Plus launched..

3. joeblow7777 macrumors 603

I'd say the likelihood is slim to none.

And I don't claim to understand the finer points of economics, but I'm told that there are more factors involved in foreign pricing than a straight up exchange rate conversion.

4. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

They constantly monitor and adjust. “Fix” implies there’s a problem, and I don’t think Apple sees it as a problem.

5. CalmEnvy macrumors 6502a

I don't know but I'm hoping they do. Apple seems to be one of the few companies here in Canada that charges way more then what they should when you factor in an exchange rate. I'll use Sony for example, PS4 Pro is $399 in USD and $499 in CDN. Exchange rate would work out to being $485 CDN. If the 7s/7s Plus release at the same price points in the US, then the 7s Plus should start at $949. I still remember how long it took companies to change prices here in Canada when our dollar was par, so we are probably looking at a long time till prices really come down.

6. DeepIn2U macrumors 603

DeepIn2U

The Canadian dollar has only been higher than the USA for the past 3 business days. The last time I recall our Dollar worth more than the USA was over 2yrs ago and it took Apple 3mths of consecutive higher dollar exchange rates vs the USA for the change to occur. Yet when the exchange values reversed ... took Apple 2wks.